Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Circa 1995 540

Thread: Circa 1995 540

Arrow Circa 1995 540

Folks,

A friend is looking at a '95 540 V8 with manual six-speed. Any comments about desirability, or problem points to ponder?

Thanks,
    DCB

Quote Originally Posted by Munchenman2 View Post
    Folks,

A friend is looking at a '95 540 V8 with manual six-speed. Any comments about desirability, or problem points to ponder?

Thanks,
    DCB
    I've heard the V8's can be a bit temperamental at times. I've only tinkered with the suspension, etc. on them (never the engine). The suspension, etc. is rock solid just as the other BMW's.

I've driven a few 540's and I've loved each time. Enough power and tons of room.

I would drop by www.bimmerforums.com and read in the 5-Series section. I can assure you that you will get a quicker, more comprehensive answer.

I know that doesn't help at all ...

Definitely have him/her get a pre-purchase inspection done. I think that is an E34 model, and I know some of the V8s had issues with a Nikasil block or something along those lines?

Other than that, I hear they're pretty solid.

Thread Information