Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
NJ BMW CCA at Summit Point Main April - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: NJ BMW CCA at Summit Point Main April

[quote=mlytle;23149]hmmm, don't remember that t10 deal...was that the e46 with the sequetial box that was paddocked accross from the tech shed? too bad my camera had run out of memory by then!

Yeah, that was the car. I really thought there would be contact.Spec miatas are true momentum cars and so inexpensive to track vs most any other car. Glad you had fun with it!

Gerry
    1990 E30 M3 (white)
    2003 E46 M3 (white)
    1991 spec miata (blue)

You guys know of anyone getting flat tires on track? Besides me....
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

flat as in "run out of air" or flat as in...oh crap locked the brakes, no abs and now have a "flat spot"...;-)

both do happen....the later more than the former. no abs on my race car...i made lots of square hoosiers learning threshold braking after doing DE's with abs for years...

flat as in puncture wound, with no "evidence" stuck in the tire.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

I have picked up a nail in one of my Toyo RA-1's down at VIR but it may have occurred in town as well.
    I always bring down 5 wheels with track rubber mounted in case of a flat or corded tire.

If you could not find the source of the punture you may just have had a bad seal of wheel lip to tire bead. This can happen if you flip the tires often or if you go off and get some stones wedged between the rim & bead.

As to repairing puncture and then using said tire on the track. I have repaired RA-1 with a plug/patch which is bonded from the INSIDE of the tire and it held up fine. If the puncture is on the sidewall or outer thread block then the tire is done. However, this subject is highly contentious and you will get many opinions. Use your best judgement and err on the side of safety.

Gerry
    1990 E30 M3 (white)
    2003 E46 M3 (white)
    1991 spec miata (blue)

There was definitely a hole, Gerry...there was no item in the tire when I pulled the wheel off the car. The flat on the RR went down fast and in T3 after about 5 laps...a bit scary for me and my instructor. The jury's out as to if it was previously repaired before my ownership or it was an on track incident.

Since I didn't pick anything up, I would imagine the culprit was still on the track if it wasn't due to a previous repair.
    Last edited by Car54; 04-18-2008 at 10:49 AM.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Quote Originally Posted by gspot35 View Post
    flat as in puncture wound, with no "evidence" stuck in the tire.
    hmmm, maybe one of your close competitors for the 2008 HPDE championship did you in with a late night ice pick?

i all seriousness, i am always amazed at the sharp little objects i find on the pavement when i do track walks.

Thread Information