Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
NJ BMW CCA at Summit Point Main April - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NJ BMW CCA at Summit Point Main April

I'm booked at the Comfort Suites...$65 not bad. Are you guys commuting or staying there?
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

staying at the ml2motorsports inn.

aka, my race trailer...

I will be commuting home each day so as to spend the evenings with my family,
    1990 E30 M3 (white)
    2003 E46 M3 (white)
    1991 spec miata (blue)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by e30m3sm View Post
    I will be commuting home each day so as to spend the evenings with my family,
    You and Greg both threw out the family card making me feel guilty. I guess I should just commute too.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

wow...that event was awesome! 390 track miles in two days. well run event, stayed on time. some fun drivers in the advanced group.

big thanks to jerry for loaning me his miata for the instruction session and to woody for putting up with sitting in the passenger seat for half dozen laps....and then actually signing me off to solo!

I had a great time too...I had a couple sessions cut short unfortunately. I really liked my instructor...he was fun and informative...got me moving pretty quick by day 2.

Look forward to running with these guys in August.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Great event. Amazing amount of tracktime. Down in blue group we had 45 miles in just one session on Monday. Green had that 1hr 30 minute + session Tuesday afternoon that must have been ridiculous since our 45minute session got me 18 laps!

yup. we had a 55min session and a 1hr 40min session tuesday afternoon. i did 1hr 15min stint before i ran out of gas and had to stop. 48 laps. couple of rolling auto-x cones in the group, but everyone was very good with point bys and awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by mlytle View Post
    yup. we had a 55min session and a 1hr 40min session tuesday afternoon. i did 1hr 15min stint before i ran out of gas and had to stop.
    Can't tell for sure by the avatar - but weren't you in an extended run (during part of the 1hr 55min session) with the Estoril Blue M3? I was watching from the grandstands off 7 and ya'll were hauling the mail. The Turner Car was FLYING also.

you refering to the blue race car # 762 or something like that? if so, yup that was me. i was in the black 325is race car with the estoril blue m3 front end and hood. #64, big purple bimmerworld graphics on hood and sides. the blue race car i was playing tag with was a bmwcca C modified M3. he was holding me up a little in the twisties and i was using his draft on the straights to keep up with his power. lots of fun. lap times 1:25+/-(based on after action traqmate data acquistion analysis of course, as there are no live timing devices allowed in a school....).

there was an all black 325is race car out there too, #992

turner car was cool. big bucks. it was bill auberlien's world challenge car.

which car were you in?

Yeah - that was it. I used to autocross with him up in NJ when that car was pretty much a daily driver. Actually was around for the 'incident' after which it began the conversion to race car.

I was doing gap checks when you were in front and you were pulling on him slowly as the gap went from .75 seconds entering T9 to 2.2 seconds in about 5-7 laps when you were in front before he suddenly appeared in front again and pitted in.

It was amazing to see the grip on the Turner Car in T9 - wow. Looks like the Turner Car, yourself and the blue car and one other were running the fastest laps out there.

I was down in blue group in one of 2 Dakar Yellow M3s at the event.

You are most welcome Marshall.

I saw you almost rear end the heavily modified silver E46 M3 entering T 10 on Tues afternoon's mini-enduro. I was doing the ITS Driving Eval in the Green group riding along in the red E30 325is. Man! I bet you needed fresh Fruit of the Looms after that one. Who would have thought anyone would need to brake that hard for T10? That was a nice piece of driving just not to hit that Polaris M3 with a rear wing.

I did very little driving on my own but I only managed several 1:33 laps in the blue group; got held up in several turns as many BMW don't want to point me by in my smurf blue miata. I had no trouble with that on Tues driving my white E30 M3. It must be a German car thing!
    1990 E30 M3 (white)
    2003 E46 M3 (white)
    1991 spec miata (blue)

Banned
    Sorry corner workers should be informed to look out for cars holding others up and not giving a point by. Corner workers need to inform control and the chief instructor and if necessary the offender(s) need be black flagged for a discussion.

The track is no place for your ego. Let the other driver pass.

Dave Apker and the collies

if you are refering to the blue m3 dave, he had given me a point by early on, but i waived it off. we were having fun running together. eventually i made a little signal that i wanted by and he immediately gave me another point. i did the same for him after a few laps. had the same good rapport with several other cars in the group like the silver "offcamber.net" e36m3. did "lead/follow" exercises for about 10 laps with him in the after lunch session on tues. i was very impressed with the track awareness and "unspoken communication" in the green group.
    Last edited by mlytle; 04-17-2008 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by e30m3sm View Post
    You are most welcome Marshall.

I saw you almost rear end the heavily modified silver E46 M3 entering T 10 on Tues afternoon's mini-enduro. I was doing the ITS Driving Eval in the Green group riding along in the red E30 325is. Man! I bet you needed fresh Fruit of the Looms after that one. Who would have thought anyone would need to brake that hard for T10? That was a nice piece of driving just not to hit that Polaris M3 with a rear wing.

I did very little driving on my own but I only managed several 1:33 laps in the blue group; got held up in several turns as many BMW don't want to point me by in my smurf blue miata. I had no trouble with that on Tues driving my white E30 M3. It must be a German car thing!
    hmmm, don't remember that t10 deal...was that the e46 with the sequetial box that was paddocked accross from the tech shed? too bad my camera had run out of memory by then!

gotta say it was fun running that smurf car around with the bmw's, mudstangs, vettes, p-cars, amg and ferrari...especially the point by from the ferrari. think it must have been at idle while the smurf was pedalling as fast as it would go!

Thread Information