Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
NJ BMW CCA at Summit Point Main April
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NJ BMW CCA at Summit Point Main April

NJ BMW CCA at Summit Point Main April

I'm confirmed, anyone else going to this event?

Summit Point Raceway Driver School
    Date: April 14-15 (Mon-Tue)
    Event: Driver School and Instructor Training School
    Cost: $350 per student
    Event Chair: Jeff White
    Event Registrar: Dennis Krug
    Registration close: April 7

The Advanced Driver School/ Instructor Training School is an opportunity for students with previous track experience to sharpen their skills in a school that provides extended run groups. Because this School shares track time with our nationally-recognized Instructor Training School, the number of student groups is limited to two (Intermediate and Advanced) and all students must be approved by the Chief Instructor and Event Chair prior to acceptance. Summit Point Raceway is a perennial favorite as it is a high-speed track that provides students the opportunity to approach turns from different driving lines and find the one that fits their car. Summit was repaved in the Fall of 2007 and now has a smooth surface free of concrete patches. This school gives experienced drivers the ability to learn the track all over again. Check out the track here

For Driver School Participants: Note that your driving history will be confirmed. If you have experience with organizations other than the NJ Chapter and you did not participate in this event in the past, please email your driver school history to Jeff White.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

To our NCC friends...we still have spots open for advanced and intermediate drivers for this great event. Come join us!

Visit http://www.njbmwcca.org for details. Thanks.

See you at the track!

Bob Conway
    Driving Events Chairman
    New Jersey BMW Car Club of America
    rgconway@njbmwcca.org
    www.njbmwcca.org

I'll be up there as one of the mentors for the ITS candidates.

It's one of the highlights of my season.

Gerry
    1990 E30 M3 (white)
    2003 E46 M3 (white)
    1991 spec miata (blue)

what is the format like at this event? how many sessions a day? open passing in advanced group?

hey gerry, which ITS candidate? i will be instructing its/itr at the scca club race school in april.....

marshall

Marshall,
    Gerry is referring to the New Jersey Chapter's Instructor Training School for their HPDE program, not the SCCA's Improved Touring S race class.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    Marshall,
    Gerry is referring to the New Jersey Chapter's Instructor Training School for their HPDE program, not the SCCA's Improved Touring S race class.
    too many acronyms with different meanings! thanks!

Marshall: Sorry for the confusion. You know I am only an SCCA noob.

I couldn't even mentor a spec miata guy.

There will be 4 run groups: Intermediate
    Advanced
    ITS candidates
    Instructors

Instructors and ITS guys can pass anywhere with a pointby. I am not sure about the other 2 groups.

Lots of track time though,

Gerry
    1990 E30 M3 (white)
    2003 E46 M3 (white)
    1991 spec miata (blue)

bummer. just found out that passenger seats and pass side belts are required. as much as i would like to give joy rides to the instructors, i don't have those parts. oh well, would have been fun....

news...pass seats not required for race cars.

however. if driving a single seat car, in order to meet the rules of the event, you have to borrow someone elses car for a short session to allow an instructor to ride with you.

anyone who is going to be there want to lend me their car for 10 minutes? better yet, any instructors want to teach me something new?

Marshall: I will probably be bringing my SM and it has a passenger seat.Since ITS mentors generally drive the ITS candidate's cars for the 2 days, you can borrow my miata for as long as you need it.
    You should have no problem fitting inside, as the seat is bolted to the floor via custom mounts. Besides, with your incident-free racing experience I would be surprised if it even required 10 minutes to eval and sign you off.

Gerry
    1990 E30 M3 (white)
    2003 E46 M3 (white)
    1991 spec miata (blue)

cool. thanks jerry. i know i fit in your miata...drove it to the grid for ya during your scca school!

i am worried though, if i drive a miata on the track, i may want to ditch my ITR car and get an SM!

maybe you can do my check ride for me and show me how to drive an sm!

marshall

Be happy to oblige Marshall!

Gerry
    1990 E30 M3 (white)
    2003 E46 M3 (white)
    1991 spec miata (blue)

I am confirmed and I will be attending the Instructor Training School as an Instructor Candidate. Looking forward to the challenge.

Tom Buchanan
    Tom Buchanan
    BMW CCA Instructor
    ============================================
    1999 M3 (Track Rat)
    2002 540i 6-speed (My Car)
    1999 Acura 3.2 TL (Wife's Car)
    2004 GMC Yukon XL Denali (Family Mobile and Tow Vehicle)

Tom: You will learn a ton of useful info. You won't get better techniques on how to instruct students anywhere else.
    Learning it all in 2 days is tough.It's been likened to trying to drink from of a fire hose.

Gerry
    1990 E30 M3 (white)
    2003 E46 M3 (white)
    1991 spec miata (blue)

This event is sounding more fun every day! any idea how many cars it draws?

Thread Information