Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
BYOC re: DIY #3, J&F Motors Ltd, 01Mar08

Thread: BYOC re: DIY #3, J&F Motors Ltd, 01Mar08

Arrow BYOC re: DIY #3, J&F Motors Ltd, 01Mar08

DIYers,

This is your opportunity to BYOC (bring your own comments) about our third 2008 Do It Yourself (DIY), held today at J&F Motors Ltd.

This was Phillip Cumming's first experience as NCC DIY Coordinator, and according to us and the National Press Club, he did fine!

Please post your comments, praises, criticisms, et cetera so that we may continue to evolve our DIYs into an even better experience for our members.

Thanks for your input.

Cheers,
    Alan
    DIYCom

Cool

I came, I saw, I laughed, I cried... No really I enjoyed myself at yet another great DIY event. I met some great new folks as well as got my hands dirty replacing mud flats, driver's side mirror glass, passenger side turn signal bulb and finally the replacement of both headlight covers. Thank you J&F Motors your hospitality was extremely well received by all. Secondly, thank you Phillip you are a superb host. Lastly, thank you NCC for continuing to support another excellent program. Just my two and a half cents worth. Happy Motoring...
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

This was my first event as a member, and it was outstanding. The event was well hosted, the staff at J&F extremely helpful and friendly, and it was great to meet fellow members. Everything, from the help from staff and fellow members, to the lunch, to the facility, to the knowledge learned, was just top-notch. I have started working on my list of things to do at upcoming DIYs!

I'd like to thank J&F for hosting the event. They have a very nice shop that is well equipped and well lit. The staff is excellent...very helpful and knowledgeable. I'm in the middle of replacing my clutch on my E30(not at the DIY...to big of a job for a DIY), so I spent most of the day picking their brains and they obviously know all the tips and tricks for doing the job right. If you're looking for a trustworthy place to take your BMW, this is a great place to go.

Smile DIY at J&F Motors - March 1, 2008

This was my first NCC club event and I have to tell you that it more than exceeded my expectations. I was a bit nervous, as this was my first time and I didn't have a lot of experience working on my car. However, the other NCC members and the organizers, Phillip, Zach and Alan, were all very knowledgeable, accessible and willing to help in any way that they could. And to say that J&F Motors rolled out the red carpet would be an understatement. Thanks to all the J&F Motors staff that were there, especially Paul who showed an incredible amount of patience with me, Mike in Parts and Bob the manager who facilitated everything I needed. If you ever thought about participating in one of these DIYs, think no more and just do it. It fun, the people are great, and you'll really be surprised how easy and rewarding working on your car can be. See you in April 2008.

Wow, well, first off thanks to everyone at J&F for helping me out, and thanks to Phillip and the rest of the members for ensuring this DIY was a success.

J&F was a great host, allowing us even to use shop tools and having several technicians on-hand to help out anything who needed advice or became stuck. Along with the wealth of knowledge that is the more experienced members, I'm sure that any issue that came up during the DIY could have been handled - myself as case in point.

I feel the DIY was very successful and hope to see everyone at the next one!

The DIY at J&F was a spectacular event!! This was the first DIY I participated in and was 110% well worth it. I was woried going in that I was biting off a little more than I could chew for the time limit. But with the great equipment, having access to a lift, and lots of bodies and knowledgable individuals around to help, my sway bar install went smooth as silk.

The J&F facility was top notch, very clean and great equipment. In addition, they had enough room in their facility to accomodate all jobs being done by NCCBMCCA members. The mechanics there were eager to help and very knowledgeable.

Thanks to everyone there for a great Saturday morning!!!!

If you ever wanted to do one of these events, but werent sure if it was for you, stop thinking and just come on out!!!! There was a pretty broad range of experience levels there and no one was treated as if they didnt belong. Plus you get free coffee mug to boot!!!

Thanks again!!!!!

2004 330Ci

DIY @ J&F ... Was Sweet!

The DIY was awesome! I replaced my OE struts, shocks, and springs on my 97 M3 with Bilstein Sports and H&R lowering springs on all 4 corners.

The staff was awesome and very helpful. They were lending me tools, improving my strategy on my methodology, etc. All in all they were great. Was a great shop to work at. Tons of lifts and a very CLEAN shop. Look forward to doing stuff here again.

The only comment I have is that some inidividuals do seem to fall asleep on lifts. It was a great event and look forward to it again. The only thing is I think that the monitoring of the status of people and their necessity for a lift could have been improved. But again, these events are always great and there is alot going on so its not that big of a deal. Just thought I would throw that out there. Inow its hard to find a good balance because alot of us (including me!) are novices and I wouldnt want to feel rushed.

All the participants were freindly and very helpful! Swaybars and tierods are next. Then my entire suspension will have been replaced! Time to take those corners a little harder!!!
    DENBOWNIUM - 1997 ///M3
    Mods Include: AA Gen3 Exhaust, AA 3" CAIS, AA EPROM, Bilstein Sport Suspension with H&R Sport Springs, TMS Underdrive Pulleys, FAN Delete, Euro Ellipsoid Lights w/Angel Eyes, Clear Corners and Markers

Mods Coming: 3.5" CAI & 3.5"HFM from EHP(Sharked), 3.5"TB (Dinan), Exhaust Headers(AA), UUC Lightweight Flywheel, UUC Clutch, UUC Gen3 ShortShifter

will there be one in MD?

Great DIY

This was my first NCC event, and it was great.

First off, Alan and Phillip did a terrific job. Thank you!

And the venue, J&F, was also fantastic. What a nice group of people, and a beautiful shop. Greg was particularly helpful to me, and I will seriously consider using them in the future for jobs I can't handle, as we should support people who so enthusiastically support CCA.

And the other members here in the NCC are as nice as other members I've met elsewhere -- which is to say it is a great group of people.

Honestly, it would be difficult if not impossible to offer any criticism of the event, the location, the coordinators, etc. A+!

Quote Originally Posted by FrankoQ View Post
    will there be one in MD?
    I think, maybe Phillip (but not sure) mentioned that they were conisdering Passport.

J&F was pretty easy to get to for me, although I live in Silver Spring. If you work downtown, it is also easy to get to for those of you considering whether to use the shop.

Do you anyplace in Maryland in mind?

Thread Information