Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Looking for a Z3 - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a Z3

Got the car yet?

Quote Originally Posted by FrankoQ View Post
    Got the car yet?
    nope, still looking. seems like the longer i take, the higher the prices are
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Banned
    Considered a Honda S2000 or Solstice?

Dave Apker and the collies

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    nope, still looking. seems like the longer i take, the higher the prices are
    Spring, is the reason why prices are going up.

Quote Originally Posted by mlytle View Post
    my 2 cents? what is the point of any car, like verts, that you can't take out on a track?
    They need to loosen the track rules a tad. It's my coconut and if I want to crack it at the track b/c I was STUPID and flippped my car then so be it. And before you throw the lawyer thing @ me, my spousal unit is a med-mal attorney and I work for a large IP lawfirm in DC.
    Lawyers don't scare nor impress me.
    Tom
    Last edited by tgmeyer; 04-21-2008 at 08:53 AM.
    "Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing."
    --Thoreau--
    2005 330 CiC

I really need some help from someone to take a look at a Z3 M for me in the Gaithersburg area (Lake Forest Mall). I'm currently in Scottsdale till Sat night, and the car will be sold by Fri night. I'm working on the financing, but if someone can go test drive it and give it a good lookover, I'd really appreciate it.

Please PM me with your phone number so I can call you. Still trying to get more details.

TIA
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Paul,

I'm a bit away from there, but post it up in the Z3 forum on bimmerforums, there are few guys from that area.

See how much response your mpg question got?
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Quote Originally Posted by tgmeyer View Post
    They need to loosen the track rules a tad. It's my coconut and if I want to crack it at the track b/c I was STUPID and flippped my car then so be it. And before you throw the lawyer thing @ me, my spousal unit is a med-mal attorney and I work for a large IP lawfirm in DC.
    Tom
    And the insructor in the passenger seat?
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    I sure wouldn't be comfortable on the track in a convertible. I never plan on anything happening, but it's one of those, you never know situations.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tgmeyer View Post
    Spring, is the reason why prices are going up.

Tom
    Woody,

You did noticed his occupation right. Typical. And if you want you can quote Shakespeare on lawyers.

Guess he doesnt care about the instructor, or the corner workers and EMS staff that have to deal with his untimely end or the chief instructor or DS coordinator who have to deal with a death on their watch. Or the fact that his act of stupidity may increase the cost or possibly end NCC schools.

Typical lawyer only thing that matters is numero uno. If their brain just matched the size of their ego.

Now male lawyers should be used to teach herding dogs how to grip
    for obvious reasons.

Female lawyers should just be culled by drowning. Notice the good looking ones move to TV and get out of the profession.

Gee I wander if I can be sued for defammation of character. Oops they have to have some character.

Woody hope you dont end up with this fool in a closed car at a school.

And hoss I work with lawyers all day and sheep have more common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedbyDuncan View Post
    Woody,

You did noticed his occupation right. Typical. And if you want you can quote Shakespeare on lawyers.

Guess he doesnt care about the instructor, or the corner workers and EMS staff that have to deal with his untimely end or the chief instructor or DS coordinator who have to deal with a death on their watch. Or the fact that his act of stupidity may increase the cost or possibly end NCC schools.

Typical lawyer only thing that matters is numero uno. If their brain just matched the size of their ego.

for obvious reasons.

Female lawyers should just be culled by drowning. Notice the good looking ones move to TV and get out of the profession.

Gee I wander if I can be sued for defammation of character. Oops they have to have some character.

That might have been just a tad on the harsh side ...

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedbyDuncan View Post
    Woody,

for obvious reasons.

Uhmm...you guyz are tough...or cruel.
    Go back to what I wrote...I never said I was a lawyer. I am NOT. K?
    And Dave, you did not offend me but the fact that you wrote such nice things about women speaks volumes about you. Thank you for the personal attack about my wife.
    Yeah, you don't know me from a sinking ship. I've never tracked with the BMW club because I have a vert but did plenty with the Benz club in years gone by. Just ask Joe Wozney or Klaus Hirtes. Not the place to get into this so I will stop here.
    You do have a point about the instructor, corners workers, etc. but you missed my point about allowing convertibles.

Paul--I apologize for derailing your thread.
    Tom
    Last edited by tgmeyer; 04-22-2008 at 02:26 PM.
    --Thoreau--
    2005 330 CiC

I see no problem with convertibles in driving schools so long as they have a certified rollbar and hardtop, but I realize insurance coverage may be tougher to get/more expensive if verts were to be allowed and maybe some instructors would not ride in a vert?

I know this has been debated many times before, but if you have a vert that is track-prepped, there are other organizations.

Paul, I'm really busy at work this week or I'd be willing to check the car out for you. I agree that a PPI might be your best option if the seller would be willing.

For what it's worth, I did volunteer to instruct in a BMW convertible at a private charity event at Summit Point next Wednesday. And it won't be my first time in a 'vert on the track in the last few years.
    Woody
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Dsc "on"
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    I sure wouldn't be comfortable on the track in a convertible. I never plan on anything happening, but it's one of those, you never know situations.
    For what it's worth, I did volunteer to instruct in a BMW convertible at a private charity event at Summit Point next Wednesday. And it won't be my first time in a 'vert on the track in the last few years.
    Woody
    Hey Woody, I appreciate you and Jonathan keeping it grounded. I completely mispoke when I failed to think about the instructors and others affected [including da spousal unit] when the unexpected happens. This is true and I have seen it happen several times @ turn 10 @ Summit Point. That is why it's called an accident.
    The car I last drove @ Summit Point was a tank [4-door S-Class Mercedes], not a 'vert so yes I understand your point. Now I have a convertible coupe and am jealous that I can not track it as it is; stock.
    I just do not not like the personal attack on my wife. I thought this was a forum for BMW talk not politcs, women bashing, or carrer hating.
    Tom
    --Thoreau--
    2005 330 CiC

Thread Information