Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Looking for a Z3 - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a Z3

That's a nice looking 'vert. I was only kidding about buying the beetle.

There's always about 10 days every year when I wish i had a convertable (usually in the fall). It's a little tough to put a roof rack and surfboards on a softop, so it wouldn't do me much use. I have seen roof racks on M coupes though (z3 generation).

As for buying on ebay...I think the risk is about the same with buying any used car. Even if you have it inspected, there are still no guarantees. Substitute the vibe you may get from a sketchy salesman with the vibe you get from reading ALL of the feedback posted for the seller. The presentation of the car, the number of similiar cars they've recently sold & the feedback should help.

That's WAYYYYYY too much for that car...no matter how clean!
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Quote Originally Posted by gspot35 View Post
    That's WAYYYYYY too much for that car...no matter how clean!
    Do you think so? I think the price isn't bad so long as it doesn't creep too close to $12k.

I couldn't find a decent 1.9 Z3 for under $8500, and I looked hard for over a month Dec 07-Jan 08 in the prime of winter.

well I never bid on it as it ended up around $10,700.

I agree Chris, $10k was the max for that one to me, so I'll keep looking.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Those with 100k pop up all the time for $9kish....if you had all service records for that price, and no maintenance needed (unlikely on a Z3) it could be a decent deal.

Looks like it got wholesaled...so it will be around again.

Hey Chris....we talked long ago about you might want a no option E46 325 coupe...I know a guy selling one for around $11k
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

2002 Z3 2.5 in Annapolis

Paul, I have bought 6 BMWs off Ebay since 2003. Like someone else said - you can substitute a shady Ebay seller for a shady dealer. I rely heavily on the seller's previous auctions and feedback as well as a Carfax report. Sometimes if your lucky the car is local and you can check it out in person. I found my current 325ci and my previous 530i on Ebay and then went to check them out in person. The other 4 cars were further away and I had to fly and drive them home - makes for a great road trip - especially the trip from Arkansas to DC. Once again anything can go wrong on such a long trip but I have been lucky. Did you check out the Z3 at Koons in Annapolis for $17,000? I believe Jonathan left you a voicemail message about it. Good luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by 330cic0539 View Post
    Paul, I have bought 6 BMWs off Ebay since 2003. Like someone else said - you can substitute a shady Ebay seller for a shady dealer. I rely heavily on the seller's previous auctions and feedback as well as a Carfax report. Sometimes if your lucky the car is local and you can check it out in person. I found my current 325ci and my previous 530i on Ebay and then went to check them out in person. The other 4 cars were further away and I had to fly and drive them home - makes for a great road trip - especially the trip from Arkansas to DC. Once again anything can go wrong on such a long trip but I have been lucky. Did you check out the Z3 at Koons in Annapolis for $17,000? I believe Jonathan left you a voicemail message about it. Good luck!!
    Thats Scott, I'm finding that eBay isnt as bad as I thought it would be. $17k is more than what I wanted to spend, so I dont want to tempt myself by going to Annapolis

anybody know how to identify a Z3 with the sports package? is it the ///M steering wheel?

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    anybody know how to identify a Z3 with the sports package? is it the ///M steering wheel?
    yes. the sport seats. more side bolster - same seats as M Roadster and M Coupe except the leather pattern was different.

all Z3s, i think from 2000 model year, had M steering wheel and shifter knob. They upgraded the interiors a bit that year, so the sport seats would be the most obvious indicator of sport package.

sport package may have varied a little year to year and depending on whether it was the smaller 6 cylinder or larger one.

In 01 model year, the 3.0 Z3 sport package consisted of sport seats and 17" cross spoked wheels.

i saw a 96 1.9L today with only 37k and on its 4th owner (i'll run a carfax to check) and manual top. other than having to replace the front bumper, the airbag light was on. the owner said that its normal and the inspection guy verified it was normal (although the inspector's first thought was to fail him).

any ideas?
    Last edited by pseto; 03-30-2008 at 03:30 PM.

The airbag light can often be solved by replacing the seat belt receptical and resetting the light.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Maybe an air bag warning light is a common problem with the Z3, but it certainly is not "normal." that should be fixed, probably seat belt receptical as woody says above.
    You really want a 4-cylinder?
    As for the manual top, I highly recommend that. It's very easy to operate and less likely to present maintenance issues.

kinda up in the air about the 4 cyl. obviously the MPG is nice, but it didnt have much pep. i still have a few more to look at, but i would like a 6 cyl (wife wants the 4 cyl).

manual top was OK, very easy to operate and less mechanical issues to worry about. however, i havent seen many problems with the power one, so either is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by vjmvjmvjm View Post
    http://downingatlanta.com/downingatl...s_info_new.htm

An reasonable addition to the 4-cylinder cars. About 200 hp when you're done.

Vic
    any idea of the price? sounds tempting

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    any idea of the price? sounds tempting
    ~$3-4k

Thread Information