Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Low Pressure PS Hose

Thread: Low Pressure PS Hose

Low Pressure PS Hose

I had a leaky power steering hose on the E30 convertible the other day. It's the low pressure hose, 16x22 which retails from $20 (Pelican) to $28 (Bavauto). I had some 5/8 inch heater hose available so I used that temporarily. Can I leave it or do I need to replace my $1.36 heater hose with some $28/meter low pressure power heating hose? Pros/cons/just not a good idea....

"Aerodynamics is for people who can't build engines." -- Enzo Ferrari
    '06 MINI Cooper S
    GeorgeCo Blog

Definitely replace it with the proper hose. Heater hose is not rated to carry oil and will become soft and fail. Okay for an emergency but not for the long term.
    RRT Racing Crew Member

I concur with Bruce. The right stuff is a bit pricey, but should last another 15-20 years!
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

the correct stuff doesn't have to be pricey

i stopped by a local hydraulic hose shop and picked up 1 foot of 1/2" ID hose for like $4. should easily hold a few hundred PSI, which is still overkill for the low pressure side PS hose.

search around and contact local hydraulic hose shops. you should be able to get proper hosing for cheap. just use regular worm gear clamps and you'll be fine & leak free.
    -John
    1995 Hellrot M3........needs more mods

Thread Information