Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
2008 AutoX School - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 2008 AutoX School

I'm glad to hear everyone had a good time, and I look forward to seeing you all at our events this year!

We all need to thank Jonathan for making a huge sacrifice to pull the trailer to the school.

Quote Originally Posted by gesoffen View Post
    Thanks for the photos Jonathan and Katie. If I squint, Brian Hair's M Coupe almost looks like my wagon..... almost.
    LOL. Hey Jason, maybe it's time to pull those stickers off the windows.

Hey guys-

I had a great time. It's been a couple years since I had done this, much less in something other than my 325. It was really good to see you guys again like Bill, Pete, James, Eric, Bogdan, Bren, Jason, Jason, Adam, Woody and Meathead (sorry I left you off Doby, but I see your mug all time! ). Hell, I might even show up again for an event or 2.

I guess I really should renew my CCA membership, huh?

Jonathan-thanks for the invite to instruct. I had a blast.

Jessica-great job! You were starting to pick up the pace and you were getting smoother and did a good job of looking ahead.

Jason H-sorry for getting you sick in the car!

Jason B-I want my 2004 DSP Championship award from Philly SCCA! And don't even think about running it through a bandsaw.

Pete-Leave the airtank in the front-you might get better front end bite.

Thanks again everyone!

Jed

P.S. What the hell was up with some of those cheese pizzas? I won't even mention what those globs on the pizza looked like.
    Last edited by Jed; 04-28-2008 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bren View Post
    LOL. Hey Jason, maybe it's time to pull those stickers off the windows.

Yeah no S#!@.

Brian Hair's Mcoupe, you know how many times I have heard that SH#@!

About as many times as I've heard, "where is your father....WOODY"

I do miss him though...it's just so hard to let go...LOL!

Thanks Brendon!

Jason Becker THE ONE MAKING THE PAYMENTS ON BRIAN HAIRS MCOUPE!!! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by RED//MSHOE View Post
    Jason Becker THE ONE MAKING THE PAYMENTS ON BRIAN HAIRS MCOUPE!!! LOL!
    Oops, my bad!

It is my M Coupe, I just let Jason keep it, drive it, modify it, and wash it. Actually, it IS my favorite one.

Time to move on? Maybe, but I don't mind if you remove it or leave it.

If you remove it, though, it'll change the weight distribution.

Good luck this season without me. I miss you too, buddy!

I also just wanted to thank all of you for coordinating the event, providing instruction, and creating a safe and fun environment where we could all learn some things.

To the students: I've heard people in the past say that BM owners can be "elitist" or "standoffish." After meeting all of you, I can say that I am proud to have been in your company and feel I have found a really cool and down to earth group of people - Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Z43.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	426  

Those type of people aren't usually active in BMW community because they will be shamed. Those with the stereotype of being "elitist" or "standoffish" are usually that way because they are insecure and only buy BMW's in hope they'll feel more confident, not because they handle well, rewarding to drive, and enjoy the camaraderie.

I hope you haven't been holding back being active in the club due to these premonitions.

In other words... Welcome the F aboard!!!
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Hey everybody, I had a great time getting out there again. It was nice to meet some new faces (Hi to the fellow wagon folk the Hills) and to help out. It was also good to see some of the regulars, and big thanks to Jonathan for putting the school together and Dan for use of the MSP facility again.

I didn't get to give my usual course walk speech as I was on the skid pad all day, but to me the most important thing is to HAVE FUN. We don't get paid millions of dollars, we don't have huge corporate sponsors to keep happy, so have fun and learn. That is the beauty of the NCC autocross series. You can come out and be competitive but you can also come out and have a great time with a great group of people.

I also wanted to say the reason I look forward to helping out every year is I feel it's my way paying it back for the help I received when I started in the sport, one person in particular. Ron Katona was a long-time NCC member/racer/friend who passed away a few years ago. Ron, at the time I started, owned and raced a 318ti just like me. He helped me in my first autocross school and gave me pointers throughout the years. He then moved on to a M3 where he came to be one of the area's top autocrossers. His voice and directions are in the back of my mind every time I'm on course. He was great guy.

Sorry for the sappy long post. Once again, nice to see everybody and I WILL be at a few events this season.

Quote Originally Posted by schosports View Post
    Sorry for the sappy long post. Once again, nice to see everybody and I WILL be at a few events this season.
    We will try to make sure the microphone is working for you next time.

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaEric View Post
    We will try to make sure the microphone is working for you next time.

---Eric
    Speeking of which......I will once again be doing the announcing for the Delta PA Truckpulls. We have three dates this year 6/7, 7/11 and 9/27, http://www.deltacardiffvfc.com/

BE THERE!!!!!!!!!! :P

Thanks everyone for a great event! I had a great time, you know, actually having a dry autocross session this year . The first two SCCA runs were rainy, and rain is predicted this sunday morning too.

Anyway, thanks to my instructors. Bren, here is my excuse for spinning in the morning...brand new tires....they were greasy, just like the driver . My afternoon runs turned out great, lots of grip!!! feels good to move up from those screamingly slow all-seasons. According to schedule, I think I will be able to make 4 of 6 NCC autoXs.

Good talk. See you out there.
    Pulak Datt
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    - 1987 BMW 325is - driver's school, autoX,....and hopefully SpecE30 one day.
    - 2005 Honda Civic Si - daily driver
    - 1992 Suzuki GS500E - learner moto
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just FYI ...

Registration for our first event on May 31st is now open. Register here:

http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?a...s_registration

Quote Originally Posted by schosports View Post
    Speeking of which......I will once again be doing the announcing for the Delta PA Truckpulls. We have three dates this year 6/7, 7/11 and 9/27, http://www.deltacardiffvfc.com/

BE THERE!!!!!!!!!! :P
    Oh. It's Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    Oh. It's Bill.
    I guess you didn't hear

wait...... wrong forum, sorry Steven.

Thread Information