Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Looking for NoVA social host
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looking for NoVA social host

Thumbs up Looking for NoVA social host

I'm looking for someone to host the 2Q socials (April-June and possibly longer) on the 1st Thur of each month. A host will do the following:

1) Pick a venue that will accomodate 20-40 people, is centrally located, and with ample space to socialize. Must have a great parking facility to allow cars to have enough room to move around for picture taking and gawking
    2) Work with venue management to ensure all dates are secured and have the above requirements.
    3) Pay bill and get re-imbursed from NCC (either by mail or board meeting).
    4) Adhere to $20/head max (including tip), however, host may ask everyone for a contribution towards the bill to pay for tip and/or bill (usually $5/head).
    5) Notify NCC members of any changes (including updating website)
    6) Attend every VA social, or find someone to substitute.

Sorry for all the rules guys, but it really isnt much work. I'm mainly looking for a commitment from someone who can host these socials since its quite a drive for me. I will continue to host until someone is found. Plus, VA people know the area better than I do.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

NoVA needs to catch up with MD

I've been looking to get more involved and this sounds like a good opportunity. I've been to a few socials and know what fun they are. So, sign me up. Thanks.

Brett

Thanks for volunteering Brett!
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Banned
    Brett thanks for volunteering check out O tooles's in Centerville on Rt 29 just 2 minutes from I 66 and Ned Devines also in Centerville as possible locations if folks want a change from the the Car Pool.

Always thought we should have a social in DC but my choice for a perfect place on Wisconsin Ave burned down a couple of weeks ago.

There is always the Sheperds Inn on Rt 7 right before Berryville above the gas station. I hear they have Haggis!

And no I wont eat Haggis but my herding instructor's ewe's have started lambing and he has 10 new lambs fleece as white as snow. Actually they are ahir sheep no fleece. Ummmm lamb chops on the grill and roasted leg of lamb, lamb stew and lamb shanks.

Dave Apker and the collies

Other possible locations

Great ideas! What do people think of Ned Devine's of locations (Herndon and Sterling), Old Dominion Brewery (Ashburn), or Gordon Biersch (Tyson's Corner)? Gordon Biersch is a little more expensive, but I do love their beer and the location is pretty central for most I would think. Dave, all of this talk about lamb is making me hungry.

Brett

Thumbs up

I really loved the atmosphere and the turn out of the social at CARPOOL in Herndon, Va. In fact I found myself returning there a few days later trying to recapture the fun (and craving those awesome mini burgers!) The place looks like every gearheads dream garage! There should DEFINETLY be more socials there!
    Brooklyn Taylor - Member # 354954
    Chief Marketing Officer at NCCBMWCCA
    Garage: M3, M5, M6, 635CSi/5 & 850I/6

Quote Originally Posted by bantonid View Post
    Great ideas! What do people think of Ned Devine's of locations (Herndon and Sterling), Old Dominion Brewery (Ashburn), or Gordon Biersch (Tyson's Corner)? Gordon Biersch is a little more expensive, but I do love their beer and the location is pretty central for most I would think. Dave, all of this talk about lamb is making me hungry.

Brett
    I think Ned Devine's in Herndon is very noisy. Old Dominion Brewery has a large back room which would be perfect for our group, but I think the closer to the beltway the better numbers we'll draw. Mr. Smith's at Tysons has a back room we've used for club meetings in the past.
    Woody

Quote Originally Posted by ///MARINE View Post
    I really loved the atmosphere and the turn out of the social at CARPOOL in Herndon, Va. In fact I found myself returning there a few days later trying to recapture the fun (and craving those awesome mini burgers!) The place looks like every gearheads dream garage! There should DEFINETLY be more socials there!
    I like Carpool too, and I wish we had a place like that in MD I think Carpool has another location somewhere else in VA too, but not sure where.

Banned
    Ned Devines in Centerville has a great parking lot. Do more VA members live close in or further out. By the time you get through the traffic in and around Tyson's you could be in Warrenton, Manassas, Winchester, Leesburg or Culpeper.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm pretty sure that Mr. Smith's in Tyson's is no more. I forget what it there now, but I remember looking and not seeing the sign anymore. Just to alleviate people's concerns, I'm all for Carpool Herndon since it is walking distance from my house. I know what you are saying about the mini burgers, although I was annoyed that they are not covered during the half price burger Happy Hour special. All I'm saying is a burger is a burger, mini or not. The real question I have is do I walk to Carpool or drive the block and a half?

Brett

Quote Originally Posted by bantonid View Post
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm pretty sure that Mr. Smith's in Tyson's is no more. I forget what it there now, but I remember looking and not seeing the sign anymore. Just to alleviate people's concerns, I'm all for Carpool Herndon since it is walking distance from my house. I know what you are saying about the mini burgers, although I was annoyed that they are not covered during the half price burger Happy Hour special. All I'm saying is a burger is a burger, mini or not. The real question I have is do I walk to Carpool or drive the block and a half?

Brett
    Just keep rubbing it in that you live so close That's one of the benefits of being a host, you pick the place. Its no coincidence that Houlihan's is less than a mile from my place.

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    I like Carpool too, and I wish we had a place like that in MD I think Carpool has another location somewhere else in VA too, but not sure where.
    The other (original) Carpool is on Fairfax Drive in Arlington. 2 blocks from the Ballston Metro stop. The site used to be a Renault dealership.
    Woody

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    The other (original) Carpool is on Fairfax Drive in Arlington. 2 blocks from the Ballston Metro stop. The site used to be a Renault dealership.

And it also had better food when Rocklands was co located there.

I keep waiting for the wrecking ball to hit that place.

The funeral home across the street was old and will become a office tower or two.

That Carpool is parking challenged. I can park in my building 24/7 on Randolph but even at 5am in the morning there isnt a lot available aprking around that Car pool,

I live in DC, but Tysons seems reasonable for most people to get to I am assuming? As long as we have some good food and a good selection of beer, I wont be complaining.

:-)

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

Brett, please contact me soon so we can get the ball rolling. Check your PM

Thread Information