Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
MD vs VA Socials

Thread: MD vs VA Socials

MD vs VA Socials

Am I the only one that thinks that the MD socials far outweigh (2:1) the VAs? Initially I heard there were to be 2 in MD and 2 in VA but that VA was lagging behind. Then I heard that it had been limited to 3; considering that, and the HUGE turnout at the last VA social, why can't this be alternated from state to state? 2 in MD one month, 2 in VA the next, and so forth.

Since I now work in VA (and plan to move here later in the year), I can no longer get to the MD socials that are in Columbia. It wasn't quite so bad getting to Green Turtle but, my route to Houlihan's would be I95 (at rush hour). I fight enough traffic just going home from work. Plus, I met some great folks, at the VA social, that were from Leesburg -- I can assure you that Columbia is totally out of the question for them.

Just a suggestion (Paul)...... Anyone else (on the VA side) want to weigh in on this?
    ladydi
    2008 128i

I would love to add another VA social, but not sure if the demand is there just yet. Last week's turnout was unbelievable, as was the first VA social last Sept, but in between, turnout has been mediocre.

So far, the 2 MD socials are CONSISTENTLY very well attended (last month at Zodiac excluded b/c of the snow). We've averaged 20-25 people every month at both MD location over more months. If the VA socials continue to show more than a 1 month trend , I can look into the possiblility of adding another VA social (will need board approval since I didn't build it into my budget).

Another factor is that I would like to have a consistant person to 'host' the VA socials. I am currently hosting them now, but the drive is kinda long. I would prefer that someone who lives in VA become the 'host' since they would know the locations better. If anyone interested, please let me know.
    Last edited by pseto; 02-14-2008 at 01:28 PM.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Hopefully my response didn't kill any momentum. Please feel free to add to what LadyDi has brought. I am very interested to hear other people's thoughts.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Thread Information