Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Summer Tires 2008 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Summer Tires 2008

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    The T1R replaced the T1S.
    Actually the Toyo T1R replaced the T1 Plus, which replaced the T1S.

IMHO, with its 280 treadwear rating, the T1R a true high performance tire for long-term highway duty.
    The Bridgestone RE-01R, Dunlop Z1 and Falken Azenis 615 with their 140 treadwear ratings are "street" tires for someone who expects the tires to see lots of autocross and/or track duty.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    Actually the Toyo T1R replaced the T1 Plus, which replaced the T1S.

IMHO, with its 280 treadwear rating, the T1R a true high performance tire for long-term highway duty.
    The Bridgestone RE-01R, Dunlop Z1 and Falken Azenis 615 with their 140 treadwear ratings are "street" tires for someone who expects the tires to see lots of autocross and/or track duty.
    The Azenis' are 200.

Somehow they last longer when they aren't on my car.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Somehow they last longer when they aren't on my car.
    As far as I know, the set I got from you last year is now on a WRX somewhere... I loved those tires, but they're a bit too rough for my taste on the Baltimore roads.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggins View Post
    As far as I know, the set I got from you last year is now on a WRX somewhere... I loved those tires, but they're a bit too rough for my taste on the Baltimore roads.
    Good to hear that they are recycled and being put to good use.

I was running the SPT (225/50/16) on my E36 til I sold it, and I thought they were a great tire for the price. Doby got a set for his M3, and was happy with them too.

Speaking of which, anyone want the BBS's and SPT's from my E36?

Sure, I'll take them. Free, right?
    Woody

Let me know if Woody doesn't want them... what size?

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    Sure, I'll take them. Free, right?
    uh...no

I have been using Yokohama AVS ES 100's on my 1999 M3 for the past 2 seasons. I can't attest that they are the worlds greatest but they generally last a complete season on a daily driver and 20+ track days. I don't think they are great in the rain but they aren't too bad either. They are a bit noisy but they take tons of abuse and they aren't very expensive.

Since Kevin is not in a generous mood, I guess they are yours Chris.
    Woody

16x7.5, wearing 225/50/16s. Pics in the classified section

T1Rs are pretty cloppy and not very grippy - they ride well and are quiet and cheap, though.

Personally, my choice would be the RE-01R.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

I have been very happy with my BFG G-Force TA KDW2's. I have done two HPDE's and have run them for almost two years as my warm weather tire. They are fine in the rain too!
    ~Phil

I wanted to go with the Dunlops this season but they were all but gone early Februrary, out of production/stock till mid summer. I ended up getting Hankook RS2 Z212s, at $106/tire for the standard M3 size is quite the bargain.

I just ordered a set of the Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Specs in my size. I was going to just go for the Hankooks again, but I'm going to give these a shot. I don't drive to work anymore (I walk), so I'm not at all concerned with treadlife. As long as these are sticky and hold up as good as the Falkens/Hankooks being replaced, I'll be happy...

I guess I'm back in Prepared Touring again this year if I can ever make an autocross.

Thread Information