Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Satellite Radio

Thread: Satellite Radio

Question Satellite Radio

I am interested in having a Sirrus system installed in my 2006 325I. I understand that the car is prewired for this ? Does anyone have any advice for doing this ? Does anyone know a good place or what the price would be ?

Several Options

One option is to go to your dealer. Make sure you present your BMWCCA membership card for their discount on parts.

Another option is to visit bavariansoundwerks.com.

Greg

We have XM at home, and Sirius in the car. IMHO XM is better.
    Supercharged '03 530
    Thinking about tracking down an e28 535is

for the E46 i'm familiar with aftermarket kits that integrate xm or sirius into the stock system. not familiar with E90, but a quick internet search found this advice --
    * SIRIUS can be installed on all E90 3 Series sedan from production date 03/05 on.
    * Vehicle must have Satellite Radio Prewire option code SA693.
    * Vehicle must be coded to complete the installation.
    you might try an E90 forum. obviously a dealer can install the setup if your car is pre-wired. I would guess you're looking at more than $500 for parts plus labor at dealer prices.

FYI - XM and Sirius (both loosing money) are anticipating government approval to merge which would make choosing one over the other irrelevant.
    Last edited by jhm5; 03-04-2008 at 10:46 AM.

Merger approved....Anyone know how this will affect Sirius? I want to add it to me E39
    ~Phil

i thought i read that if you have Sirius now with working equipment, you're stuck with what you have. same for the folks with XM.

maybe new customers might be able to get the best of both worlds if they come up with a combo XM/Sirius offering. that would be sweet
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

DOJ has approved, or will NOT object, to the merger. FCC has yet to act but it is NOT likely to object, though it could impose certain conditions.

Sirius will be the dominate player and has said current equipment will not become obsolete, yet at some point down the line it seems unlikely the merged company will maintain two satellite systems and very definitely many of the music channels will be merged. So it's a crap shoot as to what satellite radio's future will be. At this point, if you want to try the huge variety of programming available on satellite, I'd pick the service that seems to offer most of what you want, and go with it.

Banned
    After your 90 day free trial expires you can get XM for $77 a year. Not sure about Sirius. And I am sure Sirius will kill this off when I renew next Nov. And at $13 a month forget it. I have desire to support paying Howeird Stern millions of dollars for the same bits he did in the DC area on DC101 in 1978.

I like listening to Wnyton Marsalis program on XM channel 70 on Saturdays. Enjoy the music and appreciate the education on jazz.
    Would love to buy the man a beer some day and sit and spend a couple of hours talking to him.

Dave Apker and the collies

I have Sirius in my 2005 330Cic, wife's 2007 328Xi, and I installed an aftermarket kit in the Expedition. I love my Sirius radio but can not speak to XM. Both BMW's were prewired and the dealer installed the radio. Either way you go, you will love sat radio. No commercials but mostly you can listen to the same station while travelling. For me, that means I can listen to Buffet when I visit the in-laws in PennsylTuckey. Makes that trip most bearable.
    Tom
    "Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing."
    --Thoreau--
    2005 330 CiC

Thread Information