Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
I finally went to VIR

Thread: I finally went to VIR

I finally went to VIR

OMG! I LOVE THIS COURSE!!!!!

I went to the 5th Annual Fall Fling held by G&W Motorsports this weekend. We ran full course. $300 for 2 days including a t-shirt and banquet. It was a very well run event-organized great.

This was my first time on VIR (had been to Summit Main Circuit and BeaveRun this year)- this track had always been on of the ones that I wanted to go to. And it was a BLAST. Sooooooooo much fun. I loved the rollercoaster and hogpen.

I am going back there again next year without a doubt.

How does North Course compare to Full Course?

Actually I like the North course better.
    I haven't been on the North course in years and was on it a couple weeks ago. There is a set of blind uphill esses that is very cool. It's busier than the full course. Maybe it was busier because I don't have that much time on it.

But you want a good road course, get out to Mid-Ohio.
    IMHO, it blows VIR out of the water as far as a road course goes.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti
    There is a set of blind uphill esses that is very cool.
    Is that the section they call "Stevie Wonder?" The Red group (professional racers) went out on North Course because during Blue Group, a car was totalled in front of us in the middle of the track-right at the beginning of the climbing esses (coolant on the track). I was talking to one of the Porsche club racers and he said it was WAY too crowded for all of them to be on it.

He refered to a section called "Stevie Wonder"

Yeah, I definitely want to try out Mid Ohio next year. Is it a super technical course?

Yes. That section is called Stevie Wonder. Then it connects to the roller coaster.

I find Mid-Ohio very technical.

Then you need to get up to the Glen.
    The Glen is just flat out fast!

I need to get back to BeaveRun.
    Only been there once and that was before it officially opened.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Thread Information