Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
DC Auto Show BMWs

Thread: DC Auto Show BMWs

DC Auto Show BMWs

FYI - Want to see a new M3 and a new 135i? At the DC auto show, there is a white M3 Coupe and a black 135i Coupe on display, both on platforms and fenced off -- no access to sit in them and probe them.

There is a 335d on display - US gets that car by the end of the year. 0-60 in 6 seconds, not bad for a quiet, clean, fuel efficient diesel.

There are some local BMW race cars (RRT) - near the Jeep camp.

Beyond the BMW corporate display you'll see some more BMW race cars and a Hartge V10 E92.

I'll be there first thing tomorrow AM. Gotta VIP tour for the GT-R, should be hot.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Quote Originally Posted by jhm5 View Post
    FYI - Want to see a new M3 and a new 135i? At the DC auto show, there is a white M3 Coupe and a black 135i Coupe on display, both on platforms and fenced off -- no access to sit in them and probe them.

There is a 335d on display - US gets that car by the end of the year. 0-60 in 6 seconds, not bad for a quiet, clean, fuel efficient diesel.

There are some local BMW race cars (RRT) - near the Jeep camp.

Beyond the BMW corporate display you'll see some more BMW race cars and a Hartge V10 E92.
    do the m3 and 135 look like they had recent bodywork done?

No apparent body work... probably not on the ship that hit rough seas. the finish has the orange peel on side panels typical of bmws in recent years, suggesting they were painted on the regular assembly line.

VPC paintwork is very hard to distinguish from factory. You pretty much need a paint gauge to do it.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

A VIP tour of the GT-R? That sounds very cool, send me a PM if you know how i might be able to arrange that.

I'm planning on heading to the show with my lady-friend this weekend. She's also a bit of a gearhead (drives an STI).

The M3 had definitely been rubbing the ground a little with the front right flap. But looks great! The 135i also was great to finally see live.

BMW had the only decent line-up of pre-US cars...all the other companies brought their current model year line-up which was truly sad since I can walk into the dealership and see/sit in them for free...

DC Auto Show sucks
    -Josh
    2002 BMW M3

Quote Originally Posted by lax01 View Post
    BMW had the only decent line-up of pre-US cars...all the other companies brought their current model year line-up which was truly sad since I can walk into the dealership and see/sit in them for free...

DC Auto Show sucks
    I agree, not much new stuff around. Still worth a visit though.

Quote Originally Posted by Scany View Post
    The M3 had definitely been rubbing the ground a little with the front right flap. But looks great!
    Some of the RRT guys witnessed the set up people trying to get the M3 onto its platform. They said it was a fiasco. The driver could not figure out how it get it into reverse without their help. It appeared to be his first time driving a manual transmission.

It's too bad the M3 and 135i were on platforms with the windows closed. You couldn't see the carbon-fiber roof unless you were Shac.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    It's too bad the M3 and 135i were on platforms with the windows closed. You couldn't see the carbon-fiber roof unless you were Shac.
    yeah, i wanted to look inside, but couldn't. i wish they didnt have a black 135i; i wanted to see what that reddish color looks like.

too bad DC isnt a big enough city to get the concept cars. i would have loved to see the CS and tii concepts
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

I agree, the M3 should have been lower to appreciate the CF roof, but it's a gorgeous car, nontheless. The Hartge V10 E92 was incredible...On the other hand, there are a bunch of really, really ugly cars being sold today!!

A Few Photos

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E92 M3 DC Auto Show.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	361
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	135i DC Auto Show.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	362

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by japac1 View Post
    I agree, the M3 should have been lower to appreciate the CF roof, but it's a gorgeous car, nontheless. The Hartge V10 E92 was incredible...On the other hand, there are a bunch of really, really ugly cars being sold today!!
    I think the Hartge V10 was "pimped up" a little with the chrome grille and decals on the airbox. Last I saw it at Bimmerfest 2007 (Turner's stand) I believe it was without that. i think it made it look a little cheap. Do you need (or want) a large Hartge logo on a V10 engine in an E90.. but great nonetheless. Funny that the Carlsson Merc next to it received no attention for as long as I stood there. A very rare car I would believe.

Thread Information