Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Trip to Formula 1 race in Montreal, Canada?

Thread: Trip to Formula 1 race in Montreal, Canada?

Trip to Formula 1 race in Montreal, Canada?

A few people at the holiday party showed interest in a group trip to the race.
    Anyone else?

The race is on 6/8/08
    Montreal, Canada.
    More info about the track: http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/circuits/montreal.shtml

There are about 8 people already interested from the e90 forum.
    Let me know if interested and maybe we can organize something.

Go BMW Sauber
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bmw.jpg 
Views:	376 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	356
    Last edited by FrankoQ; 01-20-2008 at 12:38 PM.

Banned
    When I went to Montreal in early 90's I saved big bucks using a travel agent whose spouse was a club member for air fare and hotel. Way cheaper the Grand Prix tours by half or more. So I didnt get to hear some
    driver from an underfunded team talk or hear David Hobbs old stories for the 5000th time. BFD. Hotel I stayed is was great for $80 Canadian a night and just a couple blocks to Metro. Was in agreat area for restaurants etc. You can now fly direct. Or take Amtrak. Hotel's name was the White House in French. Not Ritz or the Venetian but a big step up from a Red Roof or Days Inn.

Only problem these days is the exchange rate since the Canadian dollar is worth more than the US dollar, Back then it was about a 1.80 Canadian for every US dollar. The strippers in Montreal's high class clubs loved the 5 and 10 US in their garters.

Montreal has some if not the best strip clubs in North America.

Dave Apker and the collies

I'm def interested. My g/f and I plan on going this year and a caravan would be sweet! I'm the wing fiend lol
    I'm In
    ~Phil

Banned
    Its a quick flight to Montreal. Why drive? You really dont need a car in Montreal since they have a great subway. You take the subway to track
    anyway.

Dave Apker and the collies

I'd be interested too. Driving there would be neat.

Here is the link for the track and seat location/prices.
    http://www.grandprix.ca/tickets.html

Last year I thought about stand 15 or 24. there is some overtaking possibilities when they brake into the 180deg turn, and you get to see full acceleration out of it towards the straight.

I can tell you from experience that in stand 21 the cars are mostly hidden from view below you while braking for the hairpin. In stand 24 they are mostly hidden from view while accelerating out of the hairpin. I've never been in stand 15, but, while further from the racing surface, seems ideal. The four-sided TV screen in the middle of the hairpin the last two years is really nice.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

If you're driving

be sure to allow adequate time at the border crossing. We went to Montreal for the 2004 race and were considering driving. The people we rented the flat from highly recommended flying for the following reasons:
    1. Parking is extremely difficult that weekend with the amount of guests and even some hotels that have their parking garages fill up.
    2. During the months leading up to our trip in 2004 the estimated wait time at the border (heading north) was close to two hours at both the I-87 and I-91 crossings. If you're driving, plan to cross at a "lesser" route and the wait should not be as long (but could be as long as an hour).

I would really recommend flying it's only a 1 1/4 hour flight and given the distance the gas will cost as much as airfare. And you'll get nearly two extra days is a fantastic city.

If you have any additional questions, let me know.

Regards,
    Brian

The official site

Click here:

http://grandprix.ca/home.html

Select your grandstands in your order of preference and call them. They'll establish an account for you for subsequent years. They're really helpful and can answer all of your questions.

Regards,
    Brian

Banned
    If you drive to the race in Montreal please make sure you are aware of what regs are for documents needed to cross into Canada and back into the US. Currently the Department of Homeland Security and the US congress are in a pissing contest over when the new more restrictive regs start.

Maybe this gets resolved by then who knows vut a DL may not do it.

Dave Apker and the collies.

I'll try to go either way of transportation. I do see flying is a lot more practical.

Having made this trip many times, I would point out flying is not as simple as it seems -- june weather delays, typical delays in air travel these days, security hassles, few good flight prices around this event's date -- on the other hand, it's a long drive. Transportation mode is a bit of a toss up. Start working on lodging immediately!
    Simplify border crossing - use a passport.

Any update on this?

I'm already going to at least one NASCAR race and a GAC race, but I'd like to make this a long weekend trip as well. A couple friends were planning to go, but we wanted to wait and see if others were going in a large group.

Thread Information