Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Looking for a part

Thread: Looking for a part

Looking for a part

I have an E39 M5 (2000) and I noticed when I was cleaning my air filters that one side had this "thing" and the other didn't. Its a sort of cylindrical shaped plastic with a flutted end that attaches inside the airbox above the filter. I guess to create some sort of air vortex. Anywho the dealer couldn't find this as a separate part. Any help whould be great.

Worst case scenerio I could upgrade the entire air intake system
    2000 M5 Titanium Silver
    MD BMWCCA Plate# BMW0543

Head over to www.realoem.com/bmw and have a look. This will let you know if the item you're looking for has its own part number.

Yes I found that site. Its great has diagrams and everything. However this thing isn't showing up. The dealer thought maybe it was a part of the box even though it comes off. Weird.
    2000 M5 Titanium Silver
    MD BMWCCA Plate# BMW0543

Is it part number 22 here?

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...40&hg=13&fg=20

Quantity is listed as 1 for that piece whereas most other parts come in multiples.

Here is a picture of the part

Attached is a picture of the part next to a six inch ruler.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	View1.JPG 
Views:	217 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	350  
    2000 M5 Titanium Silver
    MD BMWCCA Plate# BMW0543

Another Picture

Here is the side view.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	View2.JPG 
Views:	213 
Size:	107.4 KB 
ID:	351  
    2000 M5 Titanium Silver
    MD BMWCCA Plate# BMW0543

that only comes with the air box assemblies (#1 in the realoem/ETK diagram) even though it's a separate piece.

....Bill
    (former BMW parts guy)

Thanks bill thats what I was affraid of. Is it that necessary? Stupid question sort of but before I search the ends of the earth for it.
    2000 M5 Titanium Silver
    MD BMWCCA Plate# BMW0543

Thread Information