Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Slot car racing

Thread: Slot car racing

Slot car racing

I am planning to go to Marley Station Mall this Saturday 1/12/08 to run 1:32 slot cars with my sons. Any other people interested in a late morning little event?

The event was a success

Robby (in a 1973 yellow 911), Sammy (in a 1978 Blue 911), and I (in a 2001 PTG M3 GTR) had 2 races. Robby won the 1st race with his consistency and no offs. The second race, I rebounded from a slow start to chase Robby down for the win! Sammy had some tire rub issues that slowed him down both races.

It is great to be able to compete with 3 year olds. If your ego is up to it, come on out for the next race. Robby will offer no mercy due to inexperience.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slotcar track.jpg 
Views:	324 
Size:	210.1 KB 
ID:	349  
    Bob Hopkins
    M3 1997 Black "Vader"
    911 1986 Red "Baron"

is that scalextric?

It is 1:32 scale

I believe the actual track is Ninco, but my Fly cars worked just fine as would Scalextric or Ninco. I overheard some other people requesting different voltages (I think) so the place is very flexible as long as your car is 1:32 scale.
    Bob Hopkins
    M3 1997 Black "Vader"
    911 1986 Red "Baron"

Since moving back to VA from Kentucky in 2003, my slot cars and track have stayed boxed up until last week. I have a Tyco 440 set (four cars, with lots of extra track), not really exciting, but alright for me. I got them out, to see if they still ran, and they did. Since I had lost my notes on how to do the Main Track at Summit Point, I improvised and built a replica of the Shenandoah Circuit, Karrousel and all! I want to try to do VIR and some other tracks out of what I have to work with (when I first got the set, I bought up all the turns and straights Toys R Us had at the time!). The cars are about 1:60 scale Porsche 930 or 935, Ferrari F40, Corvette ZR1, and Lamborghini Countach. I can't seem to find more track pieces or other cars anywhere. I'd like to find some type of BMW that works with this set.

Bimmer 3

We broke out the HO slot cars this X-mas (covered the attic)for the holiday party, so the kids could play with them. The kids lasted about 20 minutes. The adults jumped in and took over. Wine, beer and slot cars... who knew.

Those 1:32 look like some fun. There is an Z4 M coupe on e-bay that keeps calling.
    Supercharged '03 530
    Thinking about tracking down an e28 535is

Thread Information