Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Is there a good way to clean the car mats?

Thread: Is there a good way to clean the car mats?

Hybrid View

Is there a good way to clean the car mats?

OK, maybe it's the drudgery of winter (or boredom), and feeling the need to spend time with the car, who knows. The car mats are really dirty. Normal vacuming isn't doing the trick anymore. The lettering is darker, and almost black. Is there any way of cleaning them, short of just buying new mats?
    Supercharged '03 530
    Thinking about tracking down an e28 535is

Maybe you can try one of those foaming carpet cleaners or rent a rug doctor? Can't really give too much advice because I use the winter mats year round.

Original equipment mats are quite hardy. As it's supposed to be in the 50s this weekend, spray them down with a Simple Green+water/general cleaner solution, scrub with a brush, and rinse with your hose (or light pressure washer).
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

I've always just soaked mats down with carpet precleaner and hit them with a househould bissel carpet cleaner.

Works good but never looks as fresh as new.

Thanks fellas. The $10 is carpet products is better than whatever the mats cost new now.
    Supercharged '03 530
    Thinking about tracking down an e28 535is

I like ProChem chemicals with my extractor. But you can use them without an extractor also. Folex is also a good general spotter which you can get at Home Depot.

First vacuum the carpets very thoroughly. If you dont do it well enough, it will cause problems later on.

Then you want to use your spotter on bad stains. http://prochem.com/support/spottingGuidelines.php

After that you use your pre spray/ traffic lane cleaner. Something like ProChem Ultrapac Pre-Treat with LVC.

Then you want to extract everything. If you dont have an extractor, then you can use hot water and a wet/ dry vac. You want to get all of the chemicals and water out of the carpet.

Oh, and you dont want to scrub, lightly wipe with a towel if needed.
    Last edited by Dan; 02-07-2008 at 07:47 PM.

I like to use a quick treatment of Softscrub or Woollite on the white letters.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

The problem with Woolite is that it has brighteners in it. And its a detergent so it needs to be rinsed completely. That is not possible in every situation.

Thread Information