Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
NCC March 15-16, 2008 Drivers' School @ SPR - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: NCC March 15-16, 2008 Drivers' School @ SPR

Hm, isn't this interesting!...

See you next time!

Take care,
    Ivan

Quote Originally Posted by roxstuff View Post
    You met at least one from this forum. The Red e30 that trained home with you from Charles Town to 695 and 83. We were in D group together. I passed you one run, then you passed me the next run.

Very impressive ride that M3.

See you next event.

John
    follow the E30 build . . .
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2681791

Thanks again

Thanks to all for another wonderful weekend school. It's amazing what a little fresh pavement can do for a country road... I think I actually enjoyed the damp track on Sunday the most. Here's some video from the final run on Sunday. Cheers.

"Aerodynamics is for people who can't build engines." -- Enzo Ferrari
    '06 MINI Cooper S
    GeorgeCo Blog

Although this is a bit late, I just wanted to say that I had a blast at the SPR Main Driver's School. I was driving my Apline White E30 325is on all season street tires. After a little trouble passing tech (thanks to those who helped me do it), I was off to the classroom and track sessions.

Having my own car on a full-size track was great and now I'm addicted. Thanks to all the instructors and staff for a well run event. A note to my track instructor, Woody....I have been practicing my heel-toe downshifting during everyday street driving like you suggested and happy to say it's turning into a habit.

I did manage to flat spot the all season tires, so there was significant vibration on the ride home. New wheels and tires have been ordered for this season of motoring.

Also, I promised the D group some of the pictures I took on the weekend and they are coming. For some reason, I can't access this site from my home computer....very frustrating!

Don't ya just love learning....learning how much you don't know! That's the biggest thing I learn at DE's.

Were there any sparks?
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

geez pulak it is about time you surfaced?!?!?!?! I was wondering what happened to you. Send emails to D group and let us get the ball rolling. Also - are you signed up for the next event yet?

Let me know
    John Rock

follow the E30 track car build . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Pulak View Post
    ....I have been practicing my heel-toe downshifting during everyday street driving like you suggested and happy to say it's turning into a habit.

I did manage to flat spot the all season tires,
    But when are you going to get the ABS working like I also suggested?
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

OOPS you got busted pulak. tell us it is fixed OK????
    Last edited by roxstuff; 04-08-2008 at 09:00 PM.
    John Rock

follow the E30 track car build . . .

not fixed yet.....my excuse is...Race cars shouldn't have ABS, the driver should learn to use the brakes correctly to avoid flat-spotted tires

on the other hand, if the car is driven to track or autoX events, it is a road car for that period and ABS might prove useful against black ice, stupid motorists and/or pedestrians, etc.

also, I only see me car on weekends (garaged away from me in MD) , so I promise I'll grab a soldering kit and find the ABS relay this weekend, along with mounting my new wheels and tires

John, I'll find that list of emails today and send something out, I need to change my procrastinating ways...

Thread Information