Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
NCC March 15-16, 2008 Drivers' School @ SPR - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: NCC March 15-16, 2008 Drivers' School @ SPR

Ivan, this site has tons of information on the NCC driving schools.
    Go here - http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?driving_schools
    In particular read "Introduction to" sections near the bottom of this page.

You'll spend lots of time behind the wheel, with an instructor in the car, also there are classes.

I recommend changing BRAKE fluid because I have no idea how old yours is. I can't explain the technical reasons for fresh fluid. Someone else can explain it.

Read the documents in the link above.
    Don't get wrapped up in it all.
    For me I was overwhelmed in the beginning.
    Some may say I'm still overwhelmed 10 years later.
    Quote Originally Posted by islavov View Post
    Thanks for the tips. I will do so....

I assume, there is gonna be quite some time on the track since you are recommending break fluid....

Can you please describe how the DE event day goes:
    - Is it pretty much all day driving on the track?
    - Is it some skid pad, some talking, a little driving on the track...

I want to just get an idea of what to expect..

Thanks a lot for your time!

Regards,
    Ivan
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Banned
    Usually 2 driving sessions on the track in the morning and 2 in the afternoon. Session length 20-30 minutes depending on how things are going.

2 skidpad sessions one in the morning and one in the afternoon I believe.

Depending on your group a classroom session or two.

I think you misunderstood you should have the brake fluid changed before each school.

And try on the cool down lap at the end of each session not use the brakes.

When you pull into the paddock spend 5-10 minutes cruising the paddock slowly to give your brakes a chance to cool down. Reduces the chance that the rotors will warp etc.

Always bring lots of drinks to school for yourself. preferrably no caffiene.
    Be aware of the weather forecast. Accuweather allows to you get a forecast by city and location and if you check in the morning will give you
    a reasonbly accurate hour to hour forecast. The weather at Summit Point can change quickly especially in the eraly spring. Be prepared and aware.

Relax and enjoy your first school and remember you have to drive your car home. Be considerate and smart during the school does earn you stars in chief instructors little black book.

Dave Apker and the collies

And NEVER, EVER set your parking brake after coming off the track.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

sweet I get paid Monday...lol guess I'm in
    -Josh
    2002 BMW M3

Cool stuff.

I am getting excited just reading about it...

I am hoping I will get my camber plates before the event.
    I am running 4 rear 18 rims. I have done this numerous times on autox and it has been OK without camber plates - front tires stick out a little, but have never rubbed...

Should I look for monoball camber plates or get street ones?
    Are monoball plates going to be too harsh for daily driving?...

Thanks,
    Ivan

Mailing my check today!
    RRT Racing Crew Member

Check in the mail also! Got a surprise at the post office...they will no longer "postmark" something without making it metered mail and charging $1.05.

I am actually reaaallllyyyy looking forward to this school. Anxious to see how my new 2008 535xi Sport Wagon (with 6-speed manual) actually does once it gets a chance to stretch its legs.

Only 7 weeks to go!

Check outbound.

Fingers crossed.

My papers along with a check were mailed on 22d as well...
    I hope we all make it on the roaster...

See you guys there...

Everything mailed in but one question, will I get a confirmation that everything was received and I'm officially registered for the event?

Thanks,

John

http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?id=135,0,0,1,0,0

How do I know I have been accepted?
    If you registered during the first two days there is a very good chance you will be accepted. You should be notified three weeks before the school.
    RRT Racing Crew Member

I think I screwed myself as I put it in at the post office on the saturday the 20th right as the post office closed, thinking it had to be received on the 22nd, not postmarked the 22nd, since I was postmarked the first day last year and didnt get in

Oh well I guess I will just have to go register ASAP for VIR the following weekend.

The reason for the postmark is to give people a fair chance who live further away.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    The reason for the postmark is to give people a fair chance who live further away.
    I'm still confused why we have to pre-register online prior to mailing, seems to make the whole process redundant.

I can understand mailing in checks though if there is no means for online payment.

On a side note, what is the average schedule like per school? Assuming there are 4 run groups, with 4 sessions each at 25 min, it would seem like there is a lot of downtime unless we are sharing the track with another group.

Thread Information