Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Please Help With Testing
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Please Help With Testing

Please Help With Testing

Happy New Year!

Part of my resolution this year was to automate our registration process. Well, I think I'm off to a reasonable start, and am asking all of you to be my lab rats.

I have created a couple of test events in the database. Please take a moment to try it out. The only way to ensure that there are no bugs is to have as many people as possible try it.

Please let me know of any errors or complications that you run into. Also, please check your email to ensure that you are getting the emails too.

Please go here to test the new process: http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?a...s_registration

Feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 01-01-2008 at 05:02 PM.

Banned
    I let the collies try to register and it worked for them. Although you did forget to ask if they had a driver's license!

Dave Apker and the collies

It looks good.

New Reg System

Worked just fine for me. Great idea BTW.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

So easy a caveman can do it.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

New AutoX Reg system

Heh, so easy even us old geezers can do it!

But larger fonts would help us!
    Chuck Grafton
    '90 ///M3
    '99 ///M3
    '05 X3
    Springfield VA

you did something that lazy andreasen guy never managed to do.

Worked for me

Cool. It even knows when a number has been requested the next time around.
    Enzianblau 2020 Porsche 718 Cayman GT4

worked OK for me, although as someone who hasnt xcrossed before, I have no idea what grouping I belong to. it defaulted to whatever the first choice was.

the confirnation email was fine too
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Quote Originally Posted by hoyabmw View Post
    you did something that lazy andreasen guy never managed to do.

Worked for me
    I went to the meeting for the free food. When I came back from the bathroom, I was registrar.

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

Great work!!! Registration/emails seem to work. I like the ability to cancel your registration.

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

We have some very interesting entries for the 3 events so far.

Do you think we should limit the available car numbers to 1 thru 30, or 35 (whatever), although I guess it really doesn't matter. Will your system prevent more signups than the heat limit?

Viewing who has already signed up is a real nice feature. It would be even better if it gave the car and class.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    We have some very interesting entries for the 3 events so far.

Do you think we should limit the available car numbers to 1 thru 30, or 35 (whatever), although I guess it really doesn't matter. Will your system prevent more signups than the heat limit?

Viewing who has already signed up is a real nice feature. It would be even better if it gave the car and class.
    Woody,

Once I get a final determination on how many we can have in each heat (probably 40) I will limit the numbers (e.g. 100-139).

I'm putting together a list of revisions, and will implement them all at the same time after the initial testing is over.

On the revision list so far is:

An input for car color;
    Limiting the number of participants per heat to 30;
    Adding class information to the view registration page;
    Remove novice question;
    Remove first time question;
    Add unique identifier to cancellation email (COMPLETED);
    Add disclaimer that car numbers and heats are not guaranteed;
    Add waitlist option (COMPLETED);

Is there anything else that you would like to see?
    Last edited by mcoupemindy; 01-06-2008 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post

Is there anything else that you would like to see?
    From what I remember, the link to the home page (and probably the others too) from the confirmation page open within the registration frame and not the browser page.

Not sure if the old registration form had this, but I didn't find any indication of what constitutes a novice (not that it seems to matter anyway). Also for first time at autocross, is that any autocross or just NCC events?

Other than that, it looks good.

Couple of things for the future:
    1) Will confirmation e-mails still go out before the event?
    2) Haven't tried this, but how are number clashes going to be handled? Will the form prevent you from registering until an unused number is selected?
    3) Someway to unregister outside of the confirmation e-mail. Maybe optionally linking registration to the forum account/handle, similar to driving school registration?

I see no need for the Novice question since we don't have a novice class at this time.

Did you mean limit numbers to 1 to 40, not 0 to 39? For a while we were limiting heats to 30 cars. That seems to have been eliminated this past year.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Thread Information