Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Spring Tour '08 overnight tour? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Spring Tour '08 overnight tour?

Im new here,i live in Virginia Beach,Virginia...i love the idea,plz...looking foward to meet you guys on a tour !!!!!!!

RTT.
    Last edited by Rickytwinturbo; 01-20-2008 at 02:06 PM.

Red face Location-location-location

All - the Spring tour will be April 26 and 27, 2008. That much I am almost sure. I am rapidly learning that finding a location to properly and safely park, feed, drink, and house our happy tour group of more than 50 cars and 100 people is less than an easy task. I erred in not starting my search last October...not January. Of the four facilities capable of handling us located in the area of Easton/St. Michaels/Cambridge, Maryland - two are already booked, one is highly unlikely, and one is highly unreasonable.

The trip from Annapolis to the areas of Ocean City or Rehoboth Beach is flat, boring, and not worthy of an NCCBMWCCA tour. Miriam and I found all this out last Wednesday and Thursday when we traveled those areas...even in the snow with the top UP.

Monday, I travel to the Amish area of Pennsylvania to continue my search.

Mark your calendars...and stay tuned.

SpongeBob - definitely a Junior Tourmeister
    Bob Stern
    MD BMW CLUB TAG # BMW 0868

Senior Moment - 2003 330Ci (gone)
    Blue Tang O - 2013 135i (now in her bed)

Bob,
    You might consider going down through Charles and St Mary's (?) counties, across the 301 bridge, and then on towards the bay around Yorktown or Urbana (Tides Inn). I've done a tour (twice) from Oxon Hill to Ingleside Winery at Oak Grove and found lots of good driving roads.
    Sorry you and Miriam had to miss the dinner last night.
    Woody
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Unhappy Tides Inn

It was on my short list. Problem with room cost being sightly higher than I wanted to propose to members. Even with a group discount......I will keep hunting....

PS: The boss is doing better....likely will not go with me tomorrow to check out PA sites.

Thanks...
    Bob Stern

Possible Northen Neck, Virginia

Bob,

I read Woodie's post and I agree that the Ingleside Winery is a great place. I have been there on Mother's Day and they did a great job with the tastings and tours for a large crowd. They aslo have a large parking area. They do have a rather large outdoor area for socializing and for eating. I do not know what they are capable of supplying but if they are not booked I am almost positive they could handle a group of our size. Now as far as accomodations maybe the Tappahannock or Warsaw areas might be able to accomodate - if not, it is not too far a drive to return home. The roads out there are great for motoring and there are many little areas that people can explore if they choose so.

Scott

Here are some websites of the area www.inglesidevineyards.com or www.northenneckwinetrail.com

Talking Special Update!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL - April 26 Overnight tour will start at TATE BMW in Annapolis MD. We will then travel East and North and overnight in Lancaster PA. More data will be coming - so watch your email and this board.

SPECIAL EFFORT - The club member traveling the farthest to get to the start point will receive special recognition. The tour reservation, when posted, will include a place for your mileage from home to TATE BMW. "Mapquest" numbers will be required to validate your claim There will also be special recognition for the oldest car on the tour. LASTLY - the Resort will have restricted parking for only our cars. I am holding an area for 100 cars - so that should hold at least 75 BMWs......

Any questions - post them here or email me...
    Bob Stern

Cool

I love this plan and I really appreciate you recognizing a few select individuals in this event. I'd like us to consider an Eagle Award for the folks get lost the least a Turtle Award for the last car in and a Ferret Award for the folks who get lost the most. These could be certificates. Just my two and a half cents worth. Happy Motoring...
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

Thread Information