Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
E-brake boggle!

Thread: E-brake boggle!

Angry E-brake boggle!

Hello bimmer dreamers and gearheads, my e-brake handle has been giving me serious problems of late. Currently the engage button is stuck in the handle. I can not get it to release from inside the housing, therefore I can't use my e-brake at all. I'm hoping that someone has had this problem before and can guide me down the path to getting it fixed. thanks in advance. Happy Motoring...
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

Which Car is this for? You should be able to take the handle off and check the button and the spring behind it. If you post your model and year, I can try to look it up.

Cool

Thanks Ahmed, its a 00 E46 323i, I appreciate the help.
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed303 View Post
    Which Car is this for? You should be able to take the handle off and check the button and the spring behind it. If you post your model and year, I can try to look it up.
    X2 or ther could be some nice old sticky soda residue (Probably from someone who borrowed the car while you were sleepimg )
    Supercharged '03 530
    Thinking about tracking down an e28 535is

Are you sure the handle hasn't moved forward just enough that you can't engage the button? You should be able to twist/wiggle the leather handle while pulling toward the front of the car to remove it and check the button itself.
    I just picked up our '00 328i this weekend - can't wait to show it off and learn more about it!
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    I just picked up our '00 328i this weekend - can't wait to show it off and learn more about it!
    Welcome to the 20th century.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    <snip> I just picked up our '00 328i this weekend - can't wait to show it off and learn more about it!
    John,

Then you know how great it is to have the Tii!!

Chuck
    Chuck Grafton
    '90 ///M3
    '99 ///M3
    '05 X3
    Springfield VA

Thread Information