Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Fustrated with drying towels. Need advice. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fustrated with drying towels. Need advice.

Quote Originally Posted by JC5 View Post
    What type of air spay do you use? I want to give your system a try. It seems very logical.
    I have a small Air Compressor in my garage. I set it to a low PSi setting.

I use Chamois as it takes off the top contaminated wax layer. I burnish my wax (Machine applied multiple coats. Let dry each coat to a haze and apply another on top of it. 4 coats and then finish and buff on the 5th coat) so Chamois uncovers a layer underneath.

You can use canned Air Spray, but that can get expensive. You can use a shop vac in blow mode to blow out the water. It is filtered air.

http://www.detailersdomain.com/index...on=Custom&ID=9

Quote Originally Posted by JC5 View Post
    As far as cleaning the towels. Just hot water and the washing machine. No detergent, fabric softener or anything else. They are even hang dried.
    For cleaning microfiber towels and any towels used to remove/apply wax, use a table spoon of white vineger in the wash.

Ahmed303 your technique sounds very impressive. How on earth did you develope this system?

Oh and vinegar?
    Supercharged '03 530
    Thinking about tracking down an e28 535is

I have learned all these from Griots Garage car maint. clinic and various Detailing forums. My old 840 and the z3 won several concours events. I have not participated with my 860 yet as I am not done with it's engine compartment yet (Having too much fun driving it).

BTW, did you know that you can use car wax to wax your bathroom sinks and they will retain a shine longer and resist hard water stains?

Hmm, that's I'll have to do some reseach on those sites. Thanks.

I'm giving that vinegar trick with the towels a try as we speak.
    Supercharged '03 530

Great point Ahmed.

For the rest of you, If you guys haven't seen a Griot's Garage catalog, you're missing out big time. They think of stuff no one else would ever think up for car care, like a wall mounted towel ringer, or a wax pad for two fingers for your mirrors, or even a bib for your fuel filler that rolls up into your filler area. Brilliant these guys.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Quote Originally Posted by gspot35 View Post
    Great point Ahmed.

For the rest of you, If you guys haven't seen a Griot's Garage catalog, you're missing out big time. They think of stuff no one else would ever think up for car care, like a wall mounted towel ringer, or a wax pad for two fingers for your mirrors, or even a bib for your fuel filler that rolls up into your filler area. Brilliant these guys.
    But for the love of god, don't buy their over-priced polishes and waxes...they rebrand and sell other companies products as their own...they have some interesting hardware, but I don't think I would ever buy from them...rather support my friends who run detailing businesses...

Another great site is www.detailedimage.com
    -Josh
    2002 BMW M3

Quote Originally Posted by gspot35 View Post
    I use the Absorber...John VA, are you suggesting that will pull wax too?
    I don't use my Absorber on the paint - usually just use it on the glass. I don't know if it's the tanning/method of prepping the chamois or what that causes the wax to be removed.

I use a clean, wet water blade on a clean car, and haven't had a problem in 3-4 years of use. The low folw sheeting method is also a good way to minimize drying time/cloth resources,

The vinegar in the wash/rinse method is well-documented at the various detailing forums. There are "special" microfiber wash/rinse products, if you want to go that way.

A visit to the detailing forums will show an abundance of methods, product loyalties, and results. It come down to what you're comfortable doing vs. time required vs. results desired. Few are "wrong."

Glad I got the E28 cleaned & waxed (I still use carnauba wax - Zymol, P21S, Meguiars) before this snow. Wish I'd slapped the snow tires on!!
    Last edited by John in VA; 12-31-2007 at 11:23 PM.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Banned
    A dirty car is happy car. If you dont wash and leave the dust and dog pee on the tires you dont have to worry about drying problems. And the dried sheep and mud soon or later blows out of car at 75 mph with the windows open or use the shopvac and vacuum it up and use it as fertilizer.

Dave Apker

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedbyDuncan View Post
    A dirty car is happy car. If you dont wash and leave the dust and dog pee on the tires you dont have to worry about drying problems. And the dried sheep and mud soon or later blows out of car at 75 mph with the windows open or use the shopvac and vacuum it up and use it as fertilizer.

Dave Apker
    you must be an E30 owner :P
    -Josh
    2002 BMW M3

Washing the towels with vinegar works! Thanks Ahmed303! The towels pick up the water instead of just pushing it around.
    Supercharged '03 530

Thread Information