Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Looking for an M coupe
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Looking for an M coupe

Looking for an M coupe

I'm looking for an M-coupe over the fall/winter months. I know very little about the car other than what I can read on the boards. I've seen plenty at autox events and have seen probably every different config of interior and exterior in pictures. Seeing how there's only about 4000 of these beauties in the US, finding one, driving one, and learning about one is difficult (especially in the off-season).

Web info is not as available as the M3's or other 3-series. People are still demanding a premium for these cars and I want to be sure I know what to look for when buying used.

Here's my offer:

I would like to offer wrenching assistance, washing assistance, or what ever to an M-coupe owner to help learn more about these cars and be able to shop more intelligently.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Quote Originally Posted by gspot35 View Post
    I'm looking for an M-coupe over the fall/winter months. I know very little about the car other than what I can read on the boards. I've seen plenty at autox events and have seen probably every different config of interior and exterior in pictures. Seeing how there's only about 4000 of these beauties in the US, finding one, driving one, and learning about one is difficult (especially in the off-season).

Web info is not as available as the M3's or other 3-series. People are still demanding a premium for these cars and I want to be sure I know what to look for when buying used.

Here's my offer:

I would like to offer wrenching assistance, washing assistance, or what ever to an M-coupe owner to help learn more about these cars and be able to shop more intelligently.
    What are you doing on Saturday. You should come to the RRT meet. I will be there and you can ask me whatever questions you need to know about the car. I would assume that a couple other coupe owners would be there too.

Here's my offer:

And FYI ... Production was less that you thought; Only 2,870 M Coupe produced (2180 with the S52 and 690 with the S54).

If you want some model specific information, I would go here: http://www.bmwmregistry.com/model_faq.php?id=17

Thanks Jonathan.....can't really tell what time the event is....the buyer for my M3 is flying in to Reagan at 1:30 Saturday, but after that I could swing out there.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Thanks Jonathan.....can't really tell what time the event is....the buyer for my M3 is flying in to Reagan at 1:30 Saturday, but after that I could swing out there.
    It starts at noon. I expect it probably will last a good long time.

Craig,
    Here's a website devoted to the Z3 Coupes, but it's not very active or up-to-date:
    http://www.368s.com/

Both Bimmerforums and Bimmerfest have forums devoted to Z cars.
    Too bad your buyer is not flying in to Dulles. It would be much closer to the RRT event.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

I'm planning to be there at noon now and stick around until 1:30, then head to the airport. It will be my last ride in the M3 (( Hopefully some of you guys are out there that early.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

I'm planning to be there at noon now and stick around until 1:30, then head to the airport. It will be my last ride in the M3 (( Hopefully some of you guys are out there that early.
    I'll be there as soon as I'm done at Function Tuned up the street.

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    Craig,
    Here's a website devoted to the Z3 Coupes, but it's not very active or up-to-date:
    http://www.368s.com/

Both Bimmerforums and Bimmerfest have forums devoted to Z cars.
    Too bad your buyer is not flying in to Dulles. It would be much closer to the RRT event.
    Woody,

Can't seem to get that link to work....looks like a website issue...google show sit exists.

I've been perusing bimmerfXXX but now starting to want some real world knowledge. I can't even find one to test drive! I'd like to know what to look for before I go to a private seller....there's currently one in the area.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Sounds sad to sell that M3..

Woody,

Can't seem to get that link to work....looks like a website issue...google show sit exists.

I've been perusing bimmerfXXX but now starting to want some real world knowledge. I can't even find one to test drive! I'd like to know what to look for before I go to a private seller....there's currently one in the area.
    The link worked for me Wednesday, but doesn't now. You can take my car for a spin, er. . . drive Saturday morning.
    Woody
    Woody

This Roadfly site is supposed to have the most comprehensive listing of Coupes for sale. I've seen it when there are close to twenty. Right now pickings are slim.

http://www.roadfly.com/bmw/classifie...ds.php?cat=225
    Woody

If you check the back of this month's Roundel, there were quite a few M Coupes in there...I think I saw 3 or 4
    -Josh
    2002 BMW M3

Looks like I have to bail on RRT...just won't work before my buyer comes in, and after I can't predict what time I'd be there. Thanks for the offer guys. If anyone is karting tomorrow, I'll be there.

Have fun today, and I'll catch up with you all soon.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Too bad you didn't come out today. My M Coupe was the party whore; I probably wouldn't have even noticed if you took it out for a drive.

Thread Information