We (the DSSC and the NCC Board) are in the process of developing the 2005 calendar of events and we would like your input.

As you know, for the last two years, we have tried to schedule one track event on the Shenandoah Circuit. In 2003 the cancellation came so late that we couldn't get an alternate location, causing us to offer only 3 driver schools that year. In 2004 we were able to make a last minute switch to the JC, allowing us to have 4 schools.

Well, the Shenandoah is now officially open and the NJ Chapter ran the first drivers school there this past weekend.

Please note that it appears that the skidpad at the SC is essentially not useable during a school format due to the configuration and location of that new skidpad. If we choose to request a school on the SC, we may have to skip the skidpad for that particular event.

The question is what do you (the membership) want for 2005?
(NOTE, I'm going to try a poll on this topic, but since I'm not really sure how that works, I'm going to list the question and answers below.)

Choice #1:
Skip the Shenandoah for 2005 and go back to our "normal" track dates at Summit Point - 2 events on the JC (with one weekend being devoted to the Highway Safety School) and 2 events on the main circuit. Do you want to stay with this format?

Choice #2:
Ask BSR for a date on the Shenandoah - skid pad REQUIRED? No skidpad = no SC. We would need to either figure out a way to use the SC skidpad or get use of the "old" skidpad (off the JC). Both of these options for the skidpad would require some creative planning and coordination and neither may actually work. One JC (Highway Safety School), 2 main track, one SC (only if skidpad is available).

Choice #3:
Ask BSR for a date on the Shenandoah - WITHOUT the skidpad (for this one event only)? One JC (Highway Safety School), 2 main track, one SC.

If you have questions or comments, please post a reply.

Note that BSR will offer us dates (and tracks) based on overall demand. We don't know what tracks they will offer at this time nor what dates.

Thank you,