Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Old bimmer learned new trick!

Thread: Old bimmer learned new trick!

Talking Old bimmer learned new trick!

I just returned from Convenience Car Care Center in Manassas, VA. Timmie and Danny invited me back to get a special service done to my 00 323i. Dinan23 (Jude) had the Induction service performed on his 530iA after the 17 November DIY. They performed an Induction service which cleaned the throttle body, upper intake, lower intake, cylinder heads, cams and intake valves of all the carbon build-up and deposits. Secondly, they performed an Injector rail flush service which cleaned my injectors and rails by doing a fuel filter by-pass to clean out the entire fuel system of deposits. Needly to say my bimmer is running like its brand spankin' new. My bimmer just crossed over 243,000 miles and has never had any of these services performed. I highly recommend that anyone with a high mileage bimmer take immediate advantage of these services. Convenience Car Care offer outstanding services to keep our high mileage bimmers on the road long after lesser brands check into automobile grave yard. Just my two and a half cents worth. Happy Motoring...
    Last edited by Zchild; 11-21-2007 at 09:25 PM.
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

Banned
    You might want to read Pat Goss's chat in the Washingtopn Post on Monday and see if you still feel the same way.

Dave apker and the collies

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedbyDuncan View Post
    You might want to read Pat Goss's chat in the Washingtopn Post on Monday and see if you still feel the same way.

Dave apker and the collies
    Now there's an authority.
    All he knows how to do is pump up BG products.
    I'm not knocking BG. I love SynchroShift II.
    But Pat Goss? Come on. I 'll believe what I read on the internet over him.
    Owning a shop doesn't make him an expert.

Now back to watching the How it's Made marathon.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Next year, Zach, bring that baby out to the track and we'll get rid of accumulated carbon the old-fashioned way.

-Roy

Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    Next year, Zach, bring that baby out to the track and we'll get rid of accumulated carbon the old-fashioned way.

-Roy
    WOT!
    Good way to clean 02 sensors too.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Banned
    Actually he said such services weren't worth the money. Just an interesting perspective from someone who pushes BG products. I would have thought he would have been for it.

I prefer an old fashioned Italian tune up. Nothing better than running it up through the gears and shifting at red line etc.

I had 237,000 miles when on my 325i and never needed any induction services.

Dave Apker and the collies

Washington Post chat

Anyone want to paste the text from the Post?

Quote Originally Posted by JRansom View Post
    Anyone want to paste the text from the Post?
    Oh God please. I would love to see how not doing tis type of maintenance isn't beneficial
    Supercharged '03 530
    Thinking about tracking down an e28 535is

Any type of flush that does not use the car's own pumps = hard on all the seals...I would never do a power-flush...especially with that old of a car...just wait for the leaks to start forming...
    -Josh
    2002 BMW M3

Opinions on this type of service can vary... as witnessed in this thread. Since I don't know the full service history of my car, I've opted NOT to do any of the power flushes, diff/tranny fluid changes, etc. My mechanic told me that if these things have not been done ever or even a few times, it may cause me more a headache if I flushed everything at this point on my 13 yr old car. I don't know the full service history of my car, so I just resort to checking fluid levels, checking other moving parts, and changing the oil every 10k miles or 4 months.

Again, I guess it depends on opinion and your car's service history.

even with running the car WOT, the carbon builds up over time.

either way, Seafoam did wonders for clearing out the carbon out of my engine.
    -John
    1995 Hellrot M3........needs more mods

Thread Information