Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
FYI - one series 'options' pricing is out now

Thread: FYI - one series 'options' pricing is out now

FYI - one series pricing is out

Well, BMW has announced formal base pricing for the 1-series at Los Angeles, removing all doubt. The 128i coupe, with a 3.0-liter, 230 horsepower I6, starts at $29,375, while the 135i, with the twin-turbo, 300-horsepower six, clocks in at $35,600. This is being brought to you mere minutes after the announcement, and there is no official press release yet, so stay tuned and we'll keep you updated.
    A lot of people at 1addicts or whatever is called thinks it is a good price point. I think it seriously sucks! Yes, I understand it includes the $775 handling/destination charge (which still may go up slightly); but, I don't care --- it's still a $35K base price car.

Add in the options -- and, it's not cheap ... It's not a light car by any means -- and, out the door with PP, CWP, upgraded audio, etc ... you are well over $40K for it. Plus, it is smaller than the E46 ... so, the rear seat is really not useable from what people are saying that actually seen/driven it. I would consider it for a daily driver; but, definitely not at the $40K range. I also thought that the BMWCCA rewards is not being offered on the one-series? The price to me is disappointing. I do not buy that whole B.S. that it is a BMW ...

What are used Exige's going for? I thought middle-upper 30's now.

This only means that the rumor of the E92 M3 might actually be true with a base near $55-58K, or bordering very close to $60K. So, out the door on that one is going to be near $70K.

It looks like I will never buy a newer BMW now unless it is 3-4 years old, at least ... I'm now forced to look at the E46 again with these prices.

Have you tried the back seat in the Exige?

Seriously, I agree with all of your points James. The 1-series will be too expensive and too heavy for my tastes. It's been over 20 years since I bought a new BMW and I don't see that changing.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Banned
    Wander if the 135i comes standard with an oil cooler? I would prefer the 4 cyclinder turbo 1 series BMW showed w/ just ABS no other electronic nannies, cloth sport interior w/ Recaros, LSD or quiaffe, no sunroof, basic radio with Sirius and CD and no nav I can get a Garmin. actually they can get rid of the ABS too. Less stuff to go wrong. No I drive. Dont need Blue tooth Duncan and Kate dont need to talk to their herding dogs friends that bad. I never talk on my cell and drive.

And leather looks a lot better on my girlfriend than on the seats of my car.

Dave Apker and the collies

Quote Originally Posted by vjmvjmvjm View Post
    The price is greatly affected by the value of the U.S. dollar. In the past five years, the value of the dollar relative to the Euro has dropped by about 30 percent. I'll leave the political commentary out, but this is another fine mess we've gotten into.

If they built the car in China, it would be cheaper, but it would weigh more due to all the lead content.

Vic
    Absolutely correct...and as far as I can see, the US will continue to pay more for all BMWs. The US is always one of the most competitive car markets in the world and we've been getting lower priced BMWs for years. It may now be catching up with us.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

FYI - one series 'options' pricing is out now

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2391

Now, if you thought the base price of a 135i was a bit ridiculous, take a look at the options pricing.

why the heck did they charge $3300 for PP when it only costs $2550 for the 3-series?

Now, for me, this would not be a 'pure' track/autocross. I would consider buying one to be used 'primarily' as a daily driver with some utility at the track/autocross. So, that is why I would option it out as follows:

135i

$35,675 MSRP
    $3,300 Premium package
    $1,000 Sport package (I thought this was included in base price; but, maybe I am thinking sport suspension)
    $500 Comfort access (this is nice)
    $600 CWP (must have to resell in this region).
    $400 Ipod connection
    $475 Paint
    $875 Premium Hi-Fi

Total = $42825

I 'could' possibly live with out the Ipod, get white - so remove paint, and 'maybe' the hi-fi system.

However, I am still above $40K NOT including TTL.

Who the heck is going to buy this at that price? Wow .... maybe it's just me -- but this is a really expensive car ...

BMW expects to sell 20K of them in the first year ...

I agree.
    Call it a 135 Club Sport.
    Make it lighter.
    Take away what no one wants or needs.
    Make it cheaper.
    Oh, make it 3 doors!

I think I'd rather have a E36 M Coupe.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    I think I'd rather have a E36 M Coupe.
    Now that's good thinking!
    Woody

Quote Originally Posted by vjmvjmvjm View Post
    The price is greatly affected by the value of the U.S. dollar. In the past five years, the value of the dollar relative to the Euro has dropped by about 30 percent.
    Vic
    For that reason I'm surprised they've announced the price so soon.
    Woody

Banned
    Damn XM radio is standard in an Element as is the connection for your Mp3 player. BMW should not be charging for these features. Dont have an Ipod because vinyl till sounds better.

$40k+ for 135 and gee I wander how many 135s and X6s they will sell.
    Not sure who will buy a X6.

With chances of a recession looming and depending on who gets elected prez next year at this time a depression BMW could be hurting big time.

When I was searching for a new vehicle to haul me and the collies BMW really didnt offer anything large enough for under $50k. 3 series station wagon didnt have the room and my independent mechanic refuses to work on either X3s or X5s. A new 5 series station wagon was just too pricey since I could get a 2 year old Range Rover for the same price or less.

Really want a diesel powered completely redone Land Rover Defender
    110 See http://www.eastcoastrover.com/Tdiconversions.html. Just the thing for hauling two collies to herding trials. And nicely restored 02.

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedbyDuncan View Post

$40k+ for 135 and gee I wander how many 135s and X6s they will sell.
    Not sure who will buy a X6.
    Plenty of people. The plant is already tooled for the X6 and they can be seen in the Spartanburg area.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

My observation Dave is that people are still spending like it is water and that there are no problems, or, that the problems do not affect them. It is possible that the media is blowing it out of proportion.

I do not get how a company can write-off 3 BILLION dollars and everyone is like, okay, that's not too bad. I mean, what happens to that money - who gets affected? What gets affected? It does not appear to be that big of a deal as long as it is not 10 billion -- 3 billion is okay .. lol.

Hillary appears to have a pretty commanding lead and I do not see too much stopping her. I do not see any republicans mounting a serious threat. I think the Giulani scandal is going to hurt him with that homeland security thing. I am not sure Thompson can do it ... I mean, in VA here, we just saw a fairly major shift in power.

I've curbed my spending quite a bit and I am trying to be 'smarter' on what I spend just in case the economy does take steps backwards. I thought the 135i would be a good deal -- trade in or sell one of my cars, and pay difference in cash -- get 4/50K warranty and maintenance, and I would be set. But, no way I am going to spend $40K-42K on a smaller car than I have now ...For me, it's about $6-7K overpriced. Do you know how many lap dances I could buy for $6K ....

BMW of Fairfax tells me they have a waiting list almost as long as the one for the E92 M3 though. Guess a lot of people around this region have beacoup $$$.

Banned
    What do you use a X6 for? It's a tall two seat station wagon without any of the style or flash of 57 Nomad. And its not as versatile as the original Bronco you cant run the Baja 1000 in it. I guess it will be a great ride for guys who dont want their girlfriends riding in the back! Has even less utility than an X3 or X5. X6ultimate driving machine-not.

Depending on how many seats the Dems pick up in both houses of Congress and what social legislation and tax legislation passes in the first 12mos of Hil's reign will determine if the coming recession becomes a depression. Killing off investment in business and changing the tax structure are not good things when a recession is on the horizon. And there will be a successful AQ terrorist attack in the US during Prez Hil's first 12mos in office. Its time for a recession. Part of the natural cycle. But it will stabilize the price of a barrel of oil!

8 years of Clinton and 12 of the Bushs is way too much for me. Need to new blood. Ron Paul or Ru Paul would be a nice change.

Don't turn this into a political e-fight.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Thread Information