Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
2008 Northern VA Social Location Poll

View Poll Results: Where should we have our NoVA 1Q social?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fairfax Hard Times Cafe

1 11.11%
  • Breakers Billiards Cafe

3 33.33%
  • Carpool

4 44.44%
  • Fall Church write in

1 11.11%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Northern VA Social Location Poll

2008 Northern VA Social Location Poll

With the success we've had the last few month at the VA socials, we're looking to move the location around for the 1Q of next year. While Blues Street BBQ, Chipotle, and Guapo's were all outstanding, our new host, ScottZ has recommended a few of his choices.

Fairfax Hard Time Cafe (downtown Fairfax, near Courthouse)
    Breakers Billiards Cafe (Herndon, VA)
    Carpool's (Herndon, VA)
    Other (preferably someplace in Falls Church)

For now I'll ask that you pick a place for us to go for 1Q 2008 and the winner will be put on the calendar. I will close the poll in the next few days b/c I need to get a decision by Wed, Nov 21, so that we can include the new location in the next dB.

Also, keep in mind that we usually pick places based on the following criteria:
    1) Good food with a variety of choices
    2) Isolated, well-lit parking areas
    3) Ability to have a closely arranged eating area
    4) Overall atmosphere
    5) Past service experience

Thanks for your participation and let me know if you have any issues or questions.
    Last edited by pseto; 11-15-2007 at 11:19 AM.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Banned
    Sweetwater Tavern in Centerville. I would suggest arties in Fairafax but parking is a pain.

Dave apker and the collies

Some place close to 495 and not past 95
    -Josh
    2002 BMW M3

Banned
    Naw some place outside the beltway for us Virginians. Reston, Centerville, Manassas or Henrdon.

Dave Apker and the collies

A Bit Too Far

I know there are a good number of us Marylanders who make it to the VA socials but I think I will pass due to the distance on these locations.

Quote Originally Posted by 330cic0539 View Post
    I know there are a good number of us Marylanders who make it to the VA socials but I think I will pass due to the distance on these locations.
    We could always carpool?

Banned
    And you have a designated driver.

Dave Apker and the collies

Carpool

You drive while I sleep?

Somewhere in Falls Church would be great; can't say I have any ideas, though.
    Drew
    1997 Boston Green ///M3 Coupe

Very close vote so far, keep them coming. The poll closes in the next few days.

It's way out in the boonies for me, but the Old Dominion Brewery has a large back room that would seat several dozen. The Sweetwater Tavern at Rt 50 and Gallows Road is just off the Beltway and much more convenient than their Centreville location. The parking lot is usually pretty full though and there's no private room that I know off. Maybe they'd block off the patio for us in warmer weather. Across Gallows Road from Sweetwater is Grevey's Pub. It has a suitable separate dining area. The Capitol City Brewery in Shirlington had a private room last time I checked, but it's too small for much more than 20 people. Mr. Smith's on Rt 7 at Tysons has a back room. We've used this for board meetings in the past.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    It's way out in the boonies for me, but the Old Dominion Brewery has a large back room that would seat several dozen. The Sweetwater Tavern at Rt 50 and Gallows Road is just off the Beltway and much more convenient than their Centreville location. The parking lot is usually pretty full though and there's no private room that I know off. Maybe they'd block off the patio for us in warmer weather. Across Gallows Road from Sweetwater is Grevey's Pub. It has a suitable separate dining area. The Capitol City Brewery in Shirlington had a private room last time I checked, but it's too small for much more than 20 people. Mr. Smith's on Rt 7 at Tysons has a back room. We've used this for board meetings in the past.
    we just had an office function at cap city in shirlington last week. private room is big. we had 40 people in it for lunch and we didn't fill it. great brews!!

Quote Originally Posted by mlytle View Post
    we just had an office function at cap city in shirlington last week. private room is big. we had 40 people in it for lunch and we didn't fill it. great brews!!
    Hey! I'll drink to that!
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Banned
    Centerville Sweetwater Tavern is lot more convenient for me.

Dave apker and the collies

still a very close vote. poll will be closing tonight, so get in your choices!!!

Thread Information