Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Mirror - Put passenger side glass on driver's side? (2001 330i Sedan)

Thread: Mirror - Put passenger side glass on driver's side? (2001 330i Sedan)

Mirror - Put passenger side glass on driver's side? (2001 330i Sedan)

Hi;

Hopefully, I have posted this question in the correct forum.

I have a 2001 330i BMW sedan. I find that the driver's side and internal rear-view mirror are pretty useless since they are do not give a sufficiently wided angled view.

I was wondering if it is possible to purchase a passenger side mirror (glass), which is wide angled, and place it on the driver's side. Since all of us adapt to the 'miniaturized' view on the right side, I see no reason why we cannot do so on the left side also. This obviates putting an ugly little 'stick-on' mirror on top of the glass.

Can this be done? Has anyone done it? Is it legal in Maryland?
    thanks

There might be a Euro part number.
    I have a left mirror on my E36 from a right hand drive car.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

I don't know if dealers are allowed to import euro parts anymore.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    I don't know if dealers are allowed to import euro parts anymore.
    i hope that's not true
    95 M3, 6-speed, 3.73
    Extensive weight reduction
    Website

I know most dealers are not allowed to import Euro parts anymore. I have Euro Headlight assembly and brakes and can't order replacements through the Dealers anymore. I have to rely on my friend in Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed303 View Post
    I know most dealers are not allowed to import Euro parts anymore. I have Euro Headlight assembly and brakes and can't order replacements through the Dealers anymore. I have to rely on my friend in Germany.
    when did this start? what if you have a genuine european car, or a canadian euro-spec brought over legaly? do they now have to go through independent importers?
    95 M3, 6-speed, 3.73
    Extensive weight reduction
    Website

Quote Originally Posted by odortiz View Post
    when did this start? what if you have a genuine european car, or a canadian euro-spec brought over legaly? do they now have to go through independent importers?
    I believe if the VIN is in the system you are ok. No more buying individual program parts.

Someone on my ti board <I think> found this out when he wanted to buy E36 Motorsport door handles.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Even with Euro Vin there are some parts that needed to be converted as per the Federalization guidelines. Those items are Lights, Exhaust and in some cases mirrors etc. Thus those items are excluded. The brake parts I can get here as per my vin but no one really stocks them and easy for me to use my friend.

Banned
    Mr bro has a 2000 E36 coupe and it took me about 3 minutes to show him how to set his mirrors correctly so he didnt have a blind spots or need any additional mirrors. If you can see the side of your car in your side mirrors they arent adjusted correctly. Was a lot more difficult to set mirrors in my Element because of it sits higher and Z4s etc can be missed. Had to show my sis the samething in her Tahoe. Have never driven a vehicle where I couldnt adjust the mirros to get rid of all the blindspots.

Dave Apker, Duncan and Kate

Euro OEM split mirror. The outer third of the mirror is convex, eliminating your blind spots. For the coupe & convertible, the part number is "51 16 8 247 131" (left) and "51 16 8 247 132" (right). For the sedan, the mirror is square, so it's the same part number for both the left and right (51 16 8 250 438). Generally, you only want to order a left side mirror on a left drive car since the right mirror is already convex. More info can be found here: http://bimmer.roadfly.com/bmw/forums...=136385&page=1
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Thread Information