Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
2008 Columbia Social Location Poll - Page 2

View Poll Results: Where should we have our 1Q and 2Q socials?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Champps (Columbia Mall) - American Sports bar

5 31.25%
  • Famous Dave's (Dobbin/Snowden) - Barbeque

5 31.25%
  • Clyde's (Lake Kittamaqundi) - American variety

4 25.00%
  • That's Amore (Columbia Mall) - Italian family-style

3 18.75%
  • Houlihan's (Rt 175/Rt 108) - American eclectic

7 43.75%
  • Hong Kong (Lake Kittamaqundi) - Chinese

2 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2008 Columbia Social Location Poll

Thank you. I can't really call my car an M8. BMW Motorsport designated it as a CSi (But the German Registration called it an M8/E). There was a prototype M8 but the engine (S70-1)was needed and later modified (S70-2, S70-3) for the Mclaran F1. So the M8 idea was scrapped.

Here is the 550 HP M8 prototype (Notice the side gill and no pop up headlamps).

Here is the 550 HP S70-1 engine

I really wish they made it though.

OK guys, I just found out that the deadline for the deBayerische is Nov 21st, so I will close down the voting a day or so beforehand. Please vote ASAP so we can make a decision.

Looks like we may be returning to Champps, although Houlihans is a very close 2nd.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

I was so incredibly unimpressed with Champps...too bad...
    -Josh
    2002 BMW M3

Quote Originally Posted by lax01 View Post
    I was so incredibly unimpressed with Champps...too bad...
    what didn't you like? please PM me and let me know so I can take it into consideration for future events

FAMOUS DAVES! Love me those ribs.

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    what didn't you like? please PM me and let me know so I can take it into consideration for future events
    I just didn't think the food or atmosphere was very good...but thats what you get for going to a bar at the mall...

My vote goes towards Famous Daves or back to Green Turtle...
    -Josh
    2002 BMW M3

Poll is closing in the next few days...lets keep the votes coming!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    Poll is closing in the next few days...lets keep the votes coming!!!
    A triple tie!

Voting ends tonight. Looks like I may have to break the tie and I may sway towards Champps 1Q and Houlihans 2Q

I like That's Amore.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Are any of these places also bars? Maybe it's just me, but I sometimes like to stay later than when everyone leaves/takes pics.

When we get the big tables, I feel like it's tough to talk to everyone since once I'm seated and don't really want to mingle if I'm pinned in at a table and it can be awkward talking across 4 people. I really don't care, but I guess I just like the set-up at Zodiac best. That said, it'll be tough for me to make the next few socials.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggins View Post
    Are any of these places also bars? Maybe it's just me, but I sometimes like to stay later than when everyone leaves/takes pics.

When we get the big tables, I feel like it's tough to talk to everyone since once I'm seated and don't really want to mingle if I'm pinned in at a table and it can be awkward talking across 4 people. I really don't care, but I guess I just like the set-up at Zodiac best. That said, it'll be tough for me to make the next few socials.
    Hi Chris, both Houlihans and Champps also have bars where you can hang out. Everytime I've gone to Houlihans, the bar has been pretty live.

I agree somewhat about getting pinned in at a long table. Anyone have a suggestion how to combat this?
    Last edited by pseto; 11-20-2007 at 10:13 PM.

Looks like Houlihans is our winner for 1Q. We can vote again for 2Q since there's a tie for 2nd place.

There's a back room with a big long table at Houlihans that I will try to reserve which will give us a little privacy.

*ding*...nailed it...exactly the reason I didn't like Champps
    -Josh
    2002 BMW M3

When we get the big tables, I feel like it's tough to talk to everyone since once I'm seated and don't really want to mingle if I'm pinned in at a table and it can be awkward talking across 4 people.
    This why I like going out to the cars. It's a great time to walk around and talk to everyone.
    Supercharged '03 530
    Thinking about tracking down an e28 535is

Thread Information