Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
2008 Columbia Social Location Poll

View Poll Results: Where should we have our 1Q and 2Q socials?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Champps (Columbia Mall) - American Sports bar

5 31.25%
  • Famous Dave's (Dobbin/Snowden) - Barbeque

5 31.25%
  • Clyde's (Lake Kittamaqundi) - American variety

4 25.00%
  • That's Amore (Columbia Mall) - Italian family-style

3 18.75%
  • Houlihan's (Rt 175/Rt 108) - American eclectic

7 43.75%
  • Hong Kong (Lake Kittamaqundi) - Chinese

2 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Columbia Social Location Poll

2008 Columbia Social Location Poll

With all the success we've had this year hosting the Columbia socials, I wanna make next year even better. While the Green Turtle was a great place, a change in venue every few months would be better (people like variety so I've been told).

For now I'll ask that you pick a place for us to go for 1Q and 2Q 2008 and the top 2 winners will be put on the calendar.

Champps (Columbia Mall) - American Sports bar
    Famous Dave's (Dobbin/Snowden) - Barbeque
    Clyde's (Lake Kittamaqundi) - American variety
    That's Amore (Columbia Mall) - Italian family-style
    Houlihan's (Rt 175/Rt 108) - American eclectic
    Hong Kong (Lake Kittamaqundi) - Chinese

Pick your favorite 2 places from the list above and if you have another place in mind, let me know and we can use them for the second half of the year.

Also, keep in mind that I usually pick places based on the following criteria:
    1) Good food with a variety of choices
    2) Isolated, well-lit parking areas
    3) Ability to have a closely arranged eating area
    4) Overall atmosphere
    5) Past service experience
    Last edited by pseto; 11-09-2007 at 11:03 AM.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

BTW - I will informally close this poll at the end of this month November and not 1/8/08 as posted above the poll (I screwed up and put in too much time).

I'll post the new locations at the beginning of December.

Houlihans may be a great choice for December...but for 2008 I like Chammps and/or Houlihans.

I want to go out of the way and say Green Turtle or Olive Garden in Laurel, MD.

Yes...It is close to my house.

I thought Champps was good, and I like Houlihan's.

The only thing about Houlihan's is that they are really busy (being new) and really loud. I'm also not sure that I saw tables that would accomodate a big group there (but I wasn't really looking for any when I was there, either).

For Q3, etc., please add Rocky Run to the list.
    Cheers
    2000 323i
    1997 M3

it was a beautiful day... the sun beat down
    I had the radio on, I was drivin'...

Quote Originally Posted by Clarese View Post
    I thought Champps was good, and I like Houlihan's.

The only thing about Houlihan's is that they are really busy (being new) and really loud. I'm also not sure that I saw tables that would accomodate a big group there (but I wasn't really looking for any when I was there, either).
    There's a back room that can hold 50 people that I've asked to reserve, but they haven't come up with plans yet to host private parties. They did say they are working on it though and to call back in December. I'm pretty sure we can get it and it would be perfect for you rowdy CMM folks
    Last edited by pseto; 11-09-2007 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirichlet View Post
    For Q3, etc., please add Rocky Run to the list.
    Cheers
    I sure will, that is a great place. However the parking over there sucks.

How's the parking at Houlihan's ?
    Supercharged '03 530
    Thinking about tracking down an e28 535is

Quote Originally Posted by JC5 View Post
    How's the parking at Houlihan's ?
    There are pockets of empty areas closer to the retail stores. With the restaurants in that stripmall being so new, they've been packed everyday I go by there.

Maybe by next year after the newness goes away, it'll be a little less crowded. I pass it everyday going to work, so I'll keep an eye out. I'm thinking we may end up parking down near the Home Depot.

Hey Paul,
    Busy day at the office. Sorry I could not call you, but I see you got the poll going. Nice choices.

From a parking perspective, I liked Champps. The food was pretty good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed303 View Post
    Agree.
    Make sure you bring that v12 next time.
    I need some pics of that baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed303 View Post
    I love your son's z4 - it is almost as cool as your m8!

Wow, the voting is very close. Keep the votes coming everyone.

Thread Information