Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
E39 Brake Job

Thread: E39 Brake Job

E39 Brake Job

Is anyone in the Arlington,VA area willing and able to help a new DIY-er replace brakes and rotors (and sensors) on her 2002 540i? I hear it is dead simple to do if someone shows you the first time. Any help would be appreciated...

Ok, rephrase - is anyone in reasonable driving distance of Arlington, VA and willing/able to show me how to replace my brakes? Promise I'm not a dummy...

Just did mine last weekend-If you have a DIY book it will not take you long. I was surprised how straight forward it is. have a 5mm and 7mm hex socket, and also a 16mm and 17mm socket. Don't be afraid to hit those old rotors off with a sledge hammer.

You will be fine.
    Alpine White 1997 M3/4/5

Smile E39 Brake Job

Link,

How about registering for the last of the 2007 DIYs on Saturday, December 1st, at BMW of Fairfax? We will gladly show you how to accomplish your mission, and you will have the guidance of factory-certified BMW mechanics to rely on. Not only will you learn how to do the job, you will gain from all the tips the folks have gathered over the years.

Registration opens on our website tomorrow, and if you are one of the first three ladies who sign up, your admission is gratis. Please do us a favor and join the other ladies who have tried the 2007 DIY program.

By the way, you will also receive all manner of wonderous DIY regalia.

Cheers,
    Alan
    2007 DIY program co-cordinator

^ Great idea!
    Alpine White 1997 M3/4/5

If not you are welcome to stop by the garage here in DC and I'll show you/help you. I have now done it a few times on my own E39.

Thread Information