Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Buger, Fries & Dyno Social?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Buger, Fries & Dyno Social?

Buger, Fries & Dyno Social?

I had an idea this morning for a burger, fries and dyno day. Yep food, cars and nutty car guys. I wanted to check my air / fuel ratios, but alone this is only average fun at best. With some other NCC members this could be some fun. Stock cars, old, new, modified and just the curious. Put your car on to see some numbers, or not. M3, M5, 335, 318, 740, 530, z3, etc....

It would be fun to see what the ultimate driving machine produces.

What do you guys think?

Cool

I think its an excellent idea, are you willing to do the leg work to get this idea off the ground. I would love to be apart of this event. Can you establish a when, where and how many resources are required. This is something that i believe the club could get behind and needs to be brought up at a Board Meeting soonest. Just my two and a half cents worth. Happy Motoring...
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

Leg work is not a problem. I am curious of how many people would be interested. One of the more major concerns is a good shop that has a decent location. That just comes down to research, and feed back from anyone in the area who has had a dyno sesion. I know of a couple good souces of info on shops.

A weekend day sounds best. How does a Saturday sound?

Sounds good to me
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Curry's did this a few years ago as a charity event.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

You're in luck...TFT Meet at RRT will have a dyno! December 1st
    -Josh
    2002 BMW M3

Quote Originally Posted by lax01 View Post
    You're in luck...TFT Meet at RRT will have a dyno! December 1st
    Not a bad idea Josh.

JC5, maybe piggyback on this event?

http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?id=100,446,0,0,1,0

hmmm.... not a bad idea I'll give them a call and see.

I still would like to do an event.

Wink

I am all for it. I currently run all my cars bone stock so I would love to get some baseline figures. I am about to replace the exhaust system (Active Autowerke) in the ///M3 and possibly put a chip in the ///M6. I'd really like to know what kind of power the M6 is producing after 20 years! Its production date was 9/87.
    Brooklyn Taylor - Member # 354954
    Chief Marketing Officer at NCCBMWCCA
    Garage: M3, M5, M6, 635CSi/5 & 850I/6

mmm... 88 M6. Is it the red one in your avatar?

Yes indeed! Cinnabar Red or as the tag says "Zinnabarrot".

any update on this JC5?

Banned
    The club needs to make sure it has legally binding dyno waiver. Not sure if our standard waiver is legally sufficient. Club needs to be protected.

Many years ago well known tuning firm wanted to use my bro's Prelude to develop a chip. My bro would have gotten a free chip in the deal but would have had to sign a dyno waiver. Talked to my mechanic who had a client who worked for this firm and he said it wasnt worth the risk.

I am not an attorney I just cant be that unethical. I work with them daily
    and they cant figure out how to turn on the scale that weighs mail.

Dave Apker and collies

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    any update on this JC5?
    I am trying to finish up 2 of my projects so they can be dyno'd also. One is very close to being done, and the other should be finished no later than the end of January if everthing works out.

All in all something right before the new warm weather driving season would be nice to get everyone rev'd up.

Things that are spooling around as far as ideas:
    1- using a car club sponsor to ensure the cars are properly taken care of
    2- weight scales would be nice to compare power to weight
    3- 8-10 min participating cars to offset the the daily rental. Of course the
    dyno facility could set some other parameters as far as more or less.
    4- A variety of cars would be nice
    5- food
    6- non-participating cars for support and good car club showing
    7- cruise of some sort
    8- legal stuffs to protect everyone
    9- deposit to ensure people showing up, similar to the club's DIY set up
    10- BMWCCA support to make it attractive cost wise to the participants

Ant feedback will be greatly appreciated. This is my first such type of event to be planned.

Thanks,
    Richard
    Supercharged '03 530
    Thinking about tracking down an e28 535is

What ever happened to the proposed Dyno day?

What ever happened to the plans for the NCCBMWCCA Dyno day?

Thread Information