Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Oktoberfest 2008 Watkins Glen - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Oktoberfest 2008 Watkins Glen

Quote Originally Posted by vjmvjmvjm View Post
    Anyone want to Caravan to O'Fest? Tuesday, September 23rd, looking to arrive in Watkins Glen midday - mid-afternoon.

Vic
    Would love to join you but I gotta work.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by vjmvjmvjm View Post
    Anyone want to Caravan to O'Fest? Tuesday, September 23rd, looking to arrive in Watkins Glen midday - mid-afternoon.

Vic
    I'm caravaning with Robin Sparrow who will be towing his E30 M3 with an X5. We plan to depart from RRT near Dulles around 9am and travel north via Rt 15. We might stop at the Bull Frog Brewery in Williamsport, PA for lunch. Vic, you're welcome to join us along the way.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

what is the best way to get there?
    leaving from arlington.i'm not asking every directions but just the main roads just to check with my old gps system that don't even know my own street
    and i will check later the forum to see where to stop on the way

i'm leaving on monday to get there for the first time meeting since it is my first time there
    my tags are KATYBEN on black 2000 m5 #69
    like i said it's my first time so i don't know what to expect? I'm doing the driving school
    i have done many driving school and races with my ducati motorcycle but never with a car

i will see you up there!!!!!
    just getting a little nervous about it

I take 15 pretty much all the way.
    I'm guessing it's about 4 1/4 hours from Frederick MD
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    I take 15 pretty much all the way.
    I'm guessing it's about 4 1/4 hours from Frederick MD
    That is the same way I go. Just be careful around Selinsgrove, PA and don't push the speed limits too much (lots of state trooper activity). I will be up there Wednesday and Thursday instructing. This will be my first Oktoberfest!
    Tom Buchanan
    BMW CCA Instructor
    ============================================
    1999 M3 (Track Rat)
    2002 540i 6-speed (My Car)
    1999 Acura 3.2 TL (Wife's Car)
    2004 GMC Yukon XL Denali (Family Mobile and Tow Vehicle)

Weather is nice in Watkins.
    The hotel is beautiful from what I've seen so far. Food in the restaurant very good, but it took +1 hr to get our food. And it wasn't busy. They did bring a lot of bread to the table while we were waiting.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Are you staying in Watkins Glen Steven?

My hotel is in Corning which is hopefully not too far from the track...

Quote Originally Posted by Biggins View Post

Of course Steven is staying at the WG Harbor Hotel. He's put this whole event together.

I'd guess Corning is 20-25 minutes from the track. Much closer to the track than any other Oktoberfests I know of. Be glad you're not staying in Ithaca.
    Last edited by woodym3; 09-21-2008 at 06:22 PM.
    Woody

Quote Originally Posted by Biggins View Post

Yep. The autocross folks could probably use your help. Check with them in the morning of the event.
    Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    Of course Steven is staying at the WG Harbor Hotel. He's put this whole event together.

I'd guess Corning is 20-25 minutes from the track. Much closer to the track than any other Oktoberfests I know of.
    20-25 minutes sounds right. It's a straight shot to the track.
    A little cool tonight. Looks like a front moved in.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

I wasn't able to take photos everyday or of every event, but these are some of the photos that I took. I don't even know how to describe the atmosphere of O'fest. I was definitely one of the youngest attendees, but I still had good fun. The autocross was fun, but I didn't care for their classing system or their course design. The night TSD rally was definitely a wild experience that I was not expecting (gravel and dirt roads through nowhere roads).

I have to encourage all of you Bimmerheads to make it to a future BMWCCA O'fest. I only wish there were more women in Corning, WG, or Elmira...

The rest are here:
    Album

Nice photos.
    I almost feel like I was there.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Thanks for the pictures Chris. I'm looking forward to reading your article in derBayerische.
    Between registered Ofest attendees, non-registered instructors, club racers, and crew, our chapter had over 80 people at Watkins Glen.
    I agree with your statement about the lack of single females. Why don't you do something about that for next year's event in Georgia?

re: the pictures:
    The beige 502 BMW belongs to Lothar Schuttler of Excluservice.
    The silver Bavaria was on the way back to California from the Targa Newfoundland, where it came close to winning.
    The next to last picture of one of the club races shows a silver and red 135 that was driven to the Glen form California.
    The last picture shows the two RRT cars of Barry Battle and Andy Watts.
    Last edited by woodym3; 09-30-2008 at 05:27 PM.
    Woody

Thread Information