Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Oktoberfest 2008 Watkins Glen - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Oktoberfest 2008 Watkins Glen

You should have seen a page behind the initial page.
    I guess it's browser dependent. I'm going to get rid of that page anyway.

I'm wondering if the blue is looking very bold because of your monitor?
    Does anyone else think it's too bold?

Quote Originally Posted by AG View Post
    Couple of things.

1) http://www.bmwccaofest.org/ only gets you to the splash screen but no way to navigate from there. http://www.bmwccaofest.org/index.php gets you to actual content. I'm presuming that's intentional, but I didn't see any links to .../index.php in your post requesting comments.

2) The blue background seems very "bold" and makes some of the white text hard to read, especially when there is large amounts of it (e.g. http://www.bmwccaofest.org/index.php?aid=9-2)

3) Pull down menus. It's not immediately clear that pull down menus with side arrows are clickable. For example, if I hover over Events -> Driving School, I would expect there would be an "overview" in addition to Instructors, FAQs, etc. Basically, didn't know clicking on Events -> Driving Schools takes me to the same page as clicking on one of the links along the left side.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Not 15

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    I used to take Route 15 from Frederick, MD all the way North.
    There are other routes as well towards Harrisburg to meet 15.
    Nice drive. It took me about 4 1/2 hours from Germantown.

Yeah, that is the route to AVOID. Taking 147 up to I180 to Williamsport then 15 up the rest of the way is the trick. 147 is on the other side of the river from 15 and is way more fun IMHO. Being East of the river gets you out of the congestion and into small town America like in the post cards.
    Bob Hopkins
    M3 1997 Black "Vader"
    911 1986 Red "Baron"

The blue background is not too bright for my old eyes.

With so many events taking place each day, it would be helpful to have the time each event will take place. For instance, will I have time to attend the Reception at Logan Winery if I want to do the drivers school the same day? Will the TSD rally Saturday end in time to attend the club race? I realize these times probably haven't been established yet, but once they are known they should be added to this webpage.

For many years now the Oktoberfest autocross has had M3s run one day and all other models run the other day. But participants never seem to be told which day is which until just before the event. This would be quite helpful to know for planning purposes.

I assume the organizers, once the Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel fills up, hope the overflow will book at one of the Corning/Horseheads hotels. But will there be a listing of alternative lodging in the Watkins Glen village?
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedbyDuncan View Post
    Dont forget to stop in South Williamsport, PA at the Little League museum
    Dave Apker and the collies
    Another worthwhile stop in downtown Williamsport is the Bullfrog Brewpub.
    http://www.bullfrogbrewery.com/
    Woody

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    With so many events taking place each day, it would be helpful to have the time each event will take place. For instance, will I have time to attend the Reception at Logan Winery if I want to do the drivers school the same day? Will the TSD rally Saturday end in time to attend the club race? I realize these times probably haven't been established yet, but once they are known they should be added to this webpage.

For many years now the Oktoberfest autocross has had M3s run one day and all other models run the other day. But participants never seem to be told which day is which until just before the event. This would be quite helpful to know for planning purposes.

I assume the organizers, once the Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel fills up, hope the overflow will book at one of the Corning/Horseheads hotels. But will there be a listing of alternative lodging in the Watkins Glen village?
    We'll post times. There will be enough time to get from the autocross or DE to the reception. Showering may be another question. The rally meetings will be at the reception.

Quote Originally Posted by vjmvjmvjm View Post
    The blue looks fine to me. On a 20" widescreen LCD monitor.

On the accommodations page, you may also want to link to the local tourism agency:
    http://www.schuylerny.com/main.asp?ID=46
    You can download the Watkins Glen travel guide on that webpage, which includes local restaurants and accommodations.

When will the main hotel start taking reservations?

Vic
    Not sure when reservations will be accepted.
    They need to finish construction.
    There are two other hotels nearby.

We look to officially launch the website at the end of the month.
    It will be a work in progress until the very last day.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

The original version they wanted me to do had people scrolling down a lot further. I'm trying to make most pages fit on one screen.

http://www.bmwccaofest.org/index.php?driving_school
    Pretty much fit on one page.

The schedule on the left are all hot links.
    There may be no getting around the height of the left schedule block.
    That is pretty much dictating the height of the page.

I may have additional links in the footer.
    It's this image at the top of every screen that I think is a bit too large: http://www.bmwccaofest.org/images/ofestbanner.gif

On my browser, it takes up about 2/3rds of the screen and you have to scroll down to see any content.

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaEric View Post
    It's this image at the top of every screen that I think is a bit too large: http://www.bmwccaofest.org/images/ofestbanner.gif

On my browser, it takes up about 2/3rds of the screen and you have to scroll down to see any content.

---Eric
    I agree it's too big. I've been out voted.
    I'll see if I can have a smaller banner other than the home page.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Banned
    Might be nice of the site was updated to tell us when the main hotel will be taking reservations and the status of the hotels as they fill up.

How many room nights does Oktoberfest book on average per day?

Dave Apker and the collies

The site will announce when the room blocks open.
    I will also have a section for What's New.
    Plus a mail list for those who want to keep informed of changes.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

We'll post times. There will be enough time to get from the autocross or DE to the reception. Showering may be another question.
    Who has time to shower at Ofest?
    Woody

Keep informed.
    Subscribe to the Ofest08 Mailing List.

This is an announcement only list.

To subscribe to this list, send a message to: ofest08-request@bmwccaofest.org with the word subscribe as the subject.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Any vintage folks coming up to Ofest?
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

does a 93 325 race car count as "vintage"?

Hey, Woody and I are "vintage" does that count?
    Chuck Grafton
    '90 ///M3
    '99 ///M3
    '05 X3
    Springfield VA

Guess I qualify...and so does my car! Hope to take my 72 3.0CS this time. I made motel reservations when a group of us went to last fall's vintage races.

I know Bill Williams is going with one of his 2002tiis and there will be others.
    Last edited by bmwcs3; 01-28-2008 at 07:53 PM. Reason: missing word

Thread Information