Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Clay Bar

Thread: Clay Bar

Clay Bar

With more and more car meets happening, along with just some general next level car care, has anyone used a "clay bar" on their car? http://www.meguiars.com/estore/produ...ectionID=11201 After 15,000 miles on one car and 146,000 on another the paint felt ruff to the touch. We picked up the clay bar kit, and tried it on a small spot on the paint. WOW! Smooth as glass.

Now once or twice a year when the car is washed. The car is washed a second time with fresh soapy water. Working in small patches , while the suds are still present we use the bar. You would be amazed of the gunk that is pulled up in the clay.

The kit uses a slightly different method, but the principals are the same.

This stuff ROCKS!!!

Yes. I have used clay bar from Griots Garage. I do all the detailing to my cars myself and have most of the Griots Garage tools and supplies.

I however recommend using the clay bar with a spray detailer instead of soapy water. That will let you see the work in action. I use the following sequence:

1. Wash.
    2. Dry.
    3. Water spray mist.
    4. Clay bar with Quick Detailer spray.
    5. Rinse.
    6. Dry.
    7. Polish #3.
    8. Buff.
    9. Wax.
    10. Buff.

Thread Information