Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
2003 525 it tire wear thoughts

Thread: 2003 525 it tire wear thoughts

Angry 2003 525 it tire wear thoughts

My dealer is telling me that at 3mm of tread the rough ride I get is to be expected with the Michelin Pilot HX 225/55 tires. If I really should replace them then are there better tire options? What experience have you had with this car and tire wear? Is it reasonable to only put 25 K miles on a set of tires here in the DC metro area? I put 10k miles on since I bought the CPO (45k -55K miles).

Thanks,

Jonathan

Assuming its an all-season tire, you should be able to get a little more than 25k.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Cool

Hey J, I would first have to ask you how often you check your air pressure followed by when's the last time you got an alignment. I'm averaging 40K per set of four tires, but I'm checking air pressure every week and getting four wheel alignments every 15K. I'm also running an excellent set of tires. I'm in love with the Toyo Proxes 4 that I get at Radial Tire Company in Silver Spring. The last thing I would suggest checking is your Control Arm bushings. Just my two and a half cents worth. Happy Motoring...
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

I actually agree with the dealer about the noise when the tread starts to go... I had Michelin Pilot HX MXM3??? on my car for a year and a half and once the tread got low, those tires were LOUD although they never really wore out.

I'm a little obsessed with my tires, but since I'm retiring my car from autoxing, I am going to switch to a high performance summer/all-season tire instead of the aggressive max performance "street" autox tires I've been running. IMO, I think 20k miles is about the norm for replacing street tires.

Do you drive the wagon in the snow? Do you have another set of wheels/snow tires for the winter?

If no snow tires and car is driven year round on same tires, I'd recommend:
    Toyo Proxes 4
    Yokohama AVID V4S
    General Altimax HP

If snow tires and car is driven on these tires in just Fall, Sping, Summer, I'd recommend:
    Kumho Ecsta SPT
    Kumho Ecsta ASX
    Yokohama AVS ES100
    Yokohama S.drive

Read some reviews on http://www.tirerack.com/ and http://www.1010tires.com/ if you need more input.

Thread Information