Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Bodywork

Thread: Bodywork

Bodywork

My gf scratched up the left rear door today and I need someone to fix it . I might also drop my unpainted bumper in with it, but I need someplace that will do a good quality job without having to pay too much. BMW of Arlington I guess is my current place, but I wasn't that satisfied with their "diagnostics" earlier when I had the car in there.

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Scany View Post
    My gf scratched up the left rear door today and I need someone to fix it . I might also drop my unpainted bumper in with it, but I need someplace that will do a good quality job without having to pay too much. BMW of Arlington I guess is my current place, but I wasn't that satisfied with their "diagnostics" earlier when I had the car in there.

thanks!
    i assume u got rid of said gf. if not, you have your track car now

j/k of course.

see who BMW of Arlington uses as their vendor and go directly to them
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

You don't think BMW does their own bodywork?

all the dealerships that i know in this area contract the work out
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

>>a good quality job without having to pay too much.

you'll probaby have to pay for a quality job, but at any rate, arlington's shop is First Choice -- an excellent shop, good to work with. close by is another excellent shop, pricey, Wagonwork.

Lots of people go right down the street to Wagonwerk, and have good results. Prices are industry average, turnaround time a bit long, due to their popularity.
    http://www.wagonwork.com

No interest, never been a customer. All I know I heard on the Internet...

- Joel Bossard
    Joel Bossard
    ---------------------------------------------
    1998 M3/4, Silver driver
    2002 4X4 Dodge 2500 Cummins HO 6-speed hauler
    2006 VW Jetta TDI commuter

I got an estimate from first choice of about $1200 for the repair. 15 hours to fix the bodywork.

On the other hand I can buy a door from a 540i for $300+shipping. the dorr is tinted(mine not), needs a rubber gasket, transfer the windows engine and interior. The vertical panel towards the B-pillar is also somewhat loose on the door for sale. The paint seems to be about as mine was before the "crash". So the door needs some parts transferred from my original door. Do you think I should buy the door and replace it? Of course there's the risk of getting a door that's not up to par, but there's also almost $800 difference. And I guess I should be able to do the swap in 10 hours at least.

I can't make up my mind..

Sab

Quote Originally Posted by Scany View Post

thanks!
    Go to Springfield Auto Body. They sponsor my racecar.
    Call Jim Scott (Owner) there on (703) 569-5055 and tell him I referred you.
    He's done more than a few BMW's from folks on this forum.
    His work is first rate and his pricing is good.
    Barry
    Barry
    BMW CCA Instructor
    SCCA National racer
    =====================================
    2007 328xi Coupe in sparkling graphite
    2007 GT3
    ======================================
    1999 Civic Si: Races in SCCA showroom stock C
    PHOTO OF RACECAR:

http://www.motorsportsimaging.com/SC...01_04_0067.htm

I ended up making a deal and buying the door from a wrecked 540i. Thanks though Barry for the suggestion. I appreciate it!

Banned
    Hope you took the cost out your gf's shoe budget. A few less Jimmy Choo's or MB's will teach her to be more careful. Best not to tkae it out of the lingerie budget.

Dave Apker and the collies

Thread Information