Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
frederick area shop

Thread: frederick area shop

Hybrid View

frederick area shop

just wanted to put the word out about our shop. we have some bmwcca member customers and pca members as well...we'd like to see some more members give us a chance to earn your business. we have been in business for 13 years servicing all german makes, with the occasional rolls, jags, and rovers. our website is currenly being updated so check it out when you get a chance, www.deutschamerican.com

It's great to see that the site is getting a makeover.

I can personally vouch for their quality of work. Anything I can't do or am not comfortable with, I take to Deutsch. I have been happy with them for years.
    ~Phillip

I've never heard of them. But then I'm 30 miles from frederick.

we don't do much advertising. you'd be surprised how little return of investment you get from advertising versus word of mouth. most of our customers find us from referrals from other shops and current customers.

Well, as far as advertising to people that would pay you, I read the local area capital chapter newsletters. Very little investment in that. Word of mouth only works from a few people for me, because every tool and non-driving idiot in this area has a bmw. A guy that has a 1997 looking newer than a 2007, that I can appreciate.

I tend to pick people that touch my car from those that contribute to the BMW CCA. In fact, if they aren't in an area BMW CCA newsletter or actively involved in their own livelihood, then I don't touch them. I get word of mouth from other people that maintain their vintage cars well over time. People with bimmer's starting at 2002 are from a different vintage. They can all burn for all I care. And I don't listen to them about how their toyota camry bodyframe and plastic trannied lifetime fluids are doing just fine.

In any case, here's an example. This guy teaches club members how to race, supports the club with discounts on parts, posts in the area newletters, and more than anything else- is honest. Yes, a concept I've only found in small town mechanics, is actually here in the big city. He's not perfect, but he will take the hit or give it if it's right.

He works in an industrial park hole in the wall, but the work he does he stands by and he's passionate about the same thing we are. People that care for their bimmer know who it is I'm talking about. In any case, I wish you the best with your shop. If you do good work, I'll hear about it and pay you a visit. Take care.
    Last edited by Thoreau; 10-02-2007 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoreau View Post
    People with bimmer's starting at 2002 are from a different vintage. They can all burn for all I care. And I don't listen to them about how their toyota camry bodyframe and plastic trannied lifetime fluids are doing just fine.
    Wow, great BMW CCA spirit there...
    2002 330i stahlblau metallic (ZPP/ZSP/ZCW); Dinan S; UUC EVO 3 short shifter, clutch stop, and clutch arm bushings; ///M3 steering wheel & ///M shift knob; lip spoiler; clear corners & sidemarkers; hardwired V1

Thread Information