Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Quick question about this Saturday...

Thread: Quick question about this Saturday...

Quick question about this Saturday...

I tried to email this to autocross-questions@nccbmwcca.org, but it bounced back, so here's my question (pasted from the email):

Just a quick question for you.

My girlfriend, Kate Mewhiney, and I are recently new members to the NCC BMW Car Club, and we will be running our first BMW autocross event on September 15. I've been running SCCA and other events for over three years now, but next Saturday will be my girlfriend's very first event! She'll be running her Honda Fit (be kind) and is very excited about it.

Now for the actual question. I see that you run a three heat format. What is the run/work schedule? If possible, I would like to be able to work the first heat, run the second, and then be available while my girlfriend runs in the third. We would prefer to have someone else instruct, but she wants to be able to talk with me between runs.

Do you think this should be an issue? With whom should I speak with to make this kind of arrangement?

Thanks in advance. We can't wait for this Saturday!!

Paul Przyborski

Quote Originally Posted by Gimp View Post
    Now for the actual question. I see that you run a three heat format. What is the run/work schedule? If possible, I would like to be able to work the first heat, run the second, and then be available while my girlfriend runs in the third. We would prefer to have someone else instruct, but she wants to be able to talk with me between runs.

Paul Przyborski
    We use a split run/work system for each heat. For example, you would run the first half of the first heat (depending on your car number) and then work the second half of the first heat. Then Kate would run the first half of the second heat and work the second half.
    Once you get her hooked on autocrossing she can abandon the Honda Fit, whatever that is, and drive your BMW.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Thanks for the fast answer. We are really looking forward to it.

She will probably start to co-drive my car if she likes it, or at least she'll co-drive for the events a little further away from home. She's interested in learning the limits of her daily driver at the same time.

Thread Information