Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Exhaust cutters

Thread: Exhaust cutters

Exhaust cutters

After spending 3-4 hours cutting the exhaust pipe to fit the new Supersprint muffler, I now have to cut the pipe 2 inches more! So i think I'll try an exhaust cutter (chain) this time. Anyone know where to get one? I saw SEARS sells KD Tools exhaust cutter, but out of stock around here.

Man that Hartge exhaust tip looks redicilous right now, sticking way too far out, and not even level. Hope some adjustments will make it better. Need another hanger that my OEM muffler didn't use, but I see the older E39's has. Realoem listed the part but also had a see TIS 001796(165). Hope I can still get that part from BMW.

Not much sound improvement. But it's only the muffler I'm replacing so..

what did you use to make the first cut?

cheers,
    evan
    1994 540i Auto in Oxfordgrun Metallic

I used a small hacksaw (puh!), which was so tiresome. And I can only lift my car to jackstands.

Got an exhaust cutter yesterday at Advance, but the stainless steel exhaust is stronger than the cutting wheels. Maybe if I force the matter it will help. I'll see tonight.

Thread Information