Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Transmission bushings

Thread: Transmission bushings

Cool Transmission bushings

Hello bimmer dreamers and gearheads, I'm planning on attending the next DIY as a participant. I'm thinking of doing my transmision bushings and was wondering how much time this takes to complete and can it be done within a three hour time-frame. Is this job as easy as it looks or should it be undertaken by the professionals. Thanks in advance, Happy Motoring...
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

What are transmission bushings? Mounts?
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    What are transmission bushings? Mounts?
    Yes, Steven, I really mean mounts, I believe there are two on my E46 323i. I'm trying to figure out how hard this job would be to complete during a DIY, thanks for correcting me. Happy Motoring...
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.

If they are anything like E36 mounts, it's very easy.
    I changed mine with jack stands.
    A lift will make it real quick, especially if you have a jack to support the tranny.
    Just watch the torque. I snapped a UUC mount.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Banned
    You might want to check the bushings and consider replacement too if they are weeping or leaking.

Dave Apker

Zach, If I'm there I'll be happy to help you. Rear trans mounts are very easy. It's important not to over tighten them. Only 16ft/lbs. Are you going OEM or aftermarket?
    RRT Racing Crew Member

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce N View Post
    Zach, If I'm there I'll be happy to help you. Rear trans mounts are very easy. It's important not to over tighten them. Only 16ft/lbs. Are you going OEM or aftermarket?
    I'm going OEM, thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. I'm also thinking of possibly doing my Guibo as well if I have time.
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.

Never done a Guibo but it shouldn't be too hard.
    RRT Racing Crew Member

Thread Information