Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: 8/18/2007 Autocross Registration

                  
   
  1. #1
    Senior Member AlfaEric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    N. Potomac, MD
    Posts
    957

    Exclamation 8/18/2007 Autocross Registration

    Registration is closed. Everyone who registered got in.

    All events open for registration and technical inspection at 8:00 AM. Heats begin at 9:30 AM, with each heat following at approximately two hour intervals. Registration closes at noon. You must register at the event at least one hour prior to your heat or before registration closes, whichever is earlier.

    Yes, we do run in the rain and we do have plenty of room for walk-up registration (just get there early).

    ---Eric

    HTML Code:
    Number	FirstName	LastName
    309	Walid	Achi
    317	Emir	Amirullah
    211	Eric	Andreasen
    301	Sam	Bell
    208	Dave	Bergman
    206	David	Bullman
    107	James	Byess
    220	Jerry	Byrd
    205	Jong	Chen
    313	Tim	Cobean
    306	Christina	Copty
    105	David	Costanza
    216	Ryan	Davies
    209	Keith	Davis
    204	Harold	Dawson
    218	John	Doby
    304	Rani	Emad
    314	Philip	Emad
    305	Bradley	Evans
    312	Anand	Gajjala
    225	Brian	Galhouse
    109	Varun	Gupta
    108	Lee	Haff
    201	Woody	Hair
    303	Jason	Hallick
    214	Chris	Hanchak
    229	Carolyn	Hanjian
    203	Ruhl	Heffner
    302	Chris	Higgins
    202	Klaus	Hirtes
    111	Patrick	Kelly
    223	Andrew	Koch
    307	Stephen	Kunick
    325	Brandon	Lindley
    112	Fariz	Mambu
    227	Frank	Marshall
    207	Jack	Masih
    102	Stuart	Moulton
    308	Dave	Nees
    228	Linh	Nguyen
    231	john	nicolaysen
    106	Randy	Nunnally Jr
    315	Steven	Park
    215	steve	pilkerton
    230	Anthony	Pinto
    222	David	Sames
    224	Jasper	Samson
    101	Chris	Sarangoulis
    103	Casey	Stemper
    221	Jason	Stephens
    110	Alex	Teitelbaum
    127	Joshua	Turner
    104	Peter	Tyson
    219	Timothy	Walker
    226	Michael Shu-Liang	Wang
    310	Phillip	Yates


    Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

  2. #2
    Senior Member AlfaEric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    N. Potomac, MD
    Posts
    957
    Registration is open for the 9/15/2007 event.

    http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?id=98,669,0,0,1,0

    ---Eric


    Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    1

    Stupid Question

    Quote Originally Posted by AlfaEric View Post
    Registration is closed. Everyone who registered got in.

    All events open for registration and technical inspection at 8:00 AM. Heats begin at 9:30 AM, with each heat following at approximately two hour intervals. Registration closes at noon. You must register at the event at least one hour prior to your heat or before registration closes, whichever is earlier.

    Yes, we do run in the rain and we do have plenty of room for walk-up registration (just get there early).

    ---Eric

    HTML Code:
    Number    FirstName    LastName
    309    Walid    Achi
    317    Emir    Amirullah
    211    Eric    Andreasen
    301    Sam    Bell
    208    Dave    Bergman
    206    David    Bullman
    107    James    Byess
    220    Jerry    Byrd
    205    Jong    Chen
    313    Tim    Cobean
    306    Christina    Copty
    105    David    Costanza
    216    Ryan    Davies
    209    Keith    Davis
    204    Harold    Dawson
    218    John    Doby
    304    Rani    Emad
    314    Philip    Emad
    305    Bradley    Evans
    312    Anand    Gajjala
    225    Brian    Galhouse
    109    Varun    Gupta
    108    Lee    Haff
    201    Woody    Hair
    303    Jason    Hallick
    214    Chris    Hanchak
    229    Carolyn    Hanjian
    203    Ruhl    Heffner
    302    Chris    Higgins
    202    Klaus    Hirtes
    111    Patrick    Kelly
    223    Andrew    Koch
    307    Stephen    Kunick
    325    Brandon    Lindley
    112    Fariz    Mambu
    227    Frank    Marshall
    207    Jack    Masih
    102    Stuart    Moulton
    308    Dave    Nees
    228    Linh    Nguyen
    231    john    nicolaysen
    106    Randy    Nunnally Jr
    315    Steven    Park
    215    steve    pilkerton
    230    Anthony    Pinto
    222    David    Sames
    224    Jasper    Samson
    101    Chris    Sarangoulis
    103    Casey    Stemper
    221    Jason    Stephens
    110    Alex    Teitelbaum
    127    Joshua    Turner
    104    Peter    Tyson
    219    Timothy    Walker
    226    Michael Shu-Liang    Wang
    310    Phillip    Yates


    This is my first time racing...will I actually be going head to head with all of the people referenced above? As my daily driver and only car (335i sedan) perhaps I should re-consider or is the event fairly safe and collisions are the exception and not the rule?

    Thanks!

  4. #4
    Senior Member bren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Timonium
    Posts
    226
    While accidents can happen, they are EXTREMELY rare.

    Technically, autocross is a "skills contest" not racing. This isn't Nascar, you're just driving through a bunch of cones on a parking lot.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    1,523
    Haffl,
    While we all strive to take the title of "Fastest Time of the Day", you are really only competing against others in your class. Assuming your 335i is stock, it would fit in the Showroom A class.
    http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?classes

    Autocrossing is not considered "racing". You will be running against the clock in a parking lot that is empty except for small rubber traffic pylons that mark the course. Collisions are pretty much impossible.

    There are always several first timers at our events. See you there!
    Woody
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

  6. #6
    I am in the third heat, what time does it start and what time should I be there? I usually run in the first heat so I am not sure.

    "Registration closes at noon. You must register at the event at least one hour prior to your heat or before registration closes, whichever is earlier."

    Does it mean that I have to be there by noon? I am pretty sure the first heat usually ends at noon. I have a couple of things going on in the morning so I am not sure if I can be there by noon. Thanks for the info guys.

  7. #7
    Hello, this is my first autocross as well, but I spectated at the last event at Ripken stadium. Do I need a helmet for this event (like Ripken) and are there loaner helmets available? All I have is a dirt bike helmet, but it's not snell rated to my knowledge.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Gaithersburg
    Posts
    244
    Quote Originally Posted by ea-sport View Post
    I am in the third heat, what time does it start and what time should I be there? I usually run in the first heat so I am not sure.

    "Registration closes at noon. You must register at the event at least one hour prior to your heat or before registration closes, whichever is earlier."

    Does it mean that I have to be there by noon? I am pretty sure the first heat usually ends at noon. I have a couple of things going on in the morning so I am not sure if I can be there by noon. Thanks for the info guys.

    3rd heat starts at 1:00 PM (Approximately) so be there by noon to register and tech your car. If your a little late we can accommodate.

    Pete
    NCC

  9. #9
    Senior Member AlfaEric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    N. Potomac, MD
    Posts
    957
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrix_2k View Post
    Hello, this is my first autocross as well, but I spectated at the last event at Ripken stadium. Do I need a helmet for this event (like Ripken) and are there loaner helmets available? All I have is a dirt bike helmet, but it's not snell rated to my knowledge.
    We have loaner helmets available.

    ---Eric


    Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

  10. #10
    Senior Member pseto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Columbia, MD
    Posts
    4,809
    Quote Originally Posted by AlfaEric View Post
    We have loaner helmets available.

    ---Eric
    yuck, i wouldn't want to use them
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

    2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

    Check out our NCC Facebook Page

  11. #11
    Senior Member AlfaEric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    N. Potomac, MD
    Posts
    957
    Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    yuck, i wouldn't want to use them
    We bought new ones this season.

    ---Eric


    Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

  12. #12
    I just returned from the autocross and I had a lot of fun. However, since I was running today, I neglected to bring my camera and I can't exactly take pictures of my own car while driving anyway. While I was running, I noticed two people taking pictures and I was wondering if anyone knew if and where they'll be upload to? I would really appreciate some pictures of my car (BMW 318i Convertible, Car # 106, heat 1)!

  13. #13
    Senior Member 1996 328ti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    3,434
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

    318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

  14. #14
    Member joenationwide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Leesburg, VA
    Posts
    81
    I want to design a course! In fact, I came up with a good one for Sykesville yesterday. It is similar to the one earlier in the year.

    THe main points to my course are:

    no turns greater than 120 degrees
    no tight radius turns
    no drag races
    focus on maintaining momentum
    course will double back on [part of] itself backwards

    I left the sketch at home, maybe i'll try to upload a new one.

    Would you guys let me try one out?

  15. #15
    Senior Member BahnBaum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Havre de Grace, MD
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by joenationwide View Post
    Would you guys let me try one out?
    FYI, none of yesterday's course designers really wanted to design yesterday's course.

    Alex
    Interrobanged.

    TeamWTF?!


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 5/19/2007 Autocross Registration - Open
    By AlfaEric in forum Autocross sponsored by Road Race Technologies
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-19-2007, 09:38 PM
  2. 05/27/2006 Autocross Registration - Open
    By AlfaEric in forum Autocross sponsored by Road Race Technologies
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 05-27-2006, 07:28 PM
  3. 11/19/2005 Autocross Registration - Open
    By AlfaEric in forum Autocross sponsored by Road Race Technologies
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 11-28-2005, 11:36 PM
  4. 10/22/2005 Autocross Registration - Open
    By AlfaEric in forum Autocross sponsored by Road Race Technologies
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-20-2005, 08:25 AM
  5. Autocross Registration Form
    By AlfaEric in forum Autocross sponsored by Road Race Technologies
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-07-2005, 10:45 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •