Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
E46 Exhaust Rec's

Thread: E46 Exhaust Rec's

E46 Exhaust Rec's

My exhuast just crapped out... I sound like a circa-1930's International tractor. Unfortunately, I need to drive about 1000 miles round-trip for the holiday - chicken wire, here I come.
    Thus, I am in the search for new exhaust. I'm looking for something with a little more growl than stock, but nothing too ricey (I don't want to sound like a kazoo, nor do I need a 5" wide exhaust). Price is not a limiting factor, but is a consideration. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
    2000 323i
    1997 M3

it was a beautiful day... the sun beat down
    I had the radio on, I was drivin'...

Cool

My exhaust crapped out due to rust so I upgraded to the SuperSprint. It sounds slightly louder than OEM at idle but when I put my foot on it my bimmer really sounds sweet. Its smooth, with no drone or rasp. I really didn't want my entire neighborhood to hear my bimmer coming. Just my two and a half cents worth. Happy Motoring...
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

BMW has a new line of "performance" parts, including an exhaust rear section performance muffler. Supposedly sounds sportier, is a few pounds lighter than stock and adds 5HP (at higher RPMs). Check dealers for discount... and let us know how it sounds.

Banned
    You might want to consider the OEM muffler again it lasted 6/7 years before it died. May not sound as nice as the Supersprint and it maybe cheaper. And you should always listen to and drive a performance exhaust before purchase if you can especially at our normal cruising speed on the Interstate.

And remember a nice quite exhuast lets you sneak home and into the house.

Dave Apker and the collies

Quote Originally Posted by jhm5 View Post
    BMW has a new line of "performance" parts, including an exhaust rear section performance muffler. Supposedly sounds sportier, is a few pounds lighter than stock and adds 5HP (at higher RPMs). Check dealers for discount... and let us know how it sounds.
    Grant Randall at Alexandria Bavarian Service installed this muffler on his 04 325 Touring and is really pleased with it. It is made of stainless, so should last a long time. I prefer the sound of the Performance Package muffler on my 05 330, but have to admit that his also sounds very nice.

Bill Riblett

Quote Originally Posted by jhm5 View Post
    Colin,

If you go with the BMW Performance Muffler, Tischer BMW in Silver Spring gives a 20 percent discount to BMWCCA members. So that might be a consideration.

Tom
    Tom Buchanan
    BMW CCA Instructor
    ============================================
    1999 M3 (Track Rat)
    2002 540i 6-speed (My Car)
    1999 Acura 3.2 TL (Wife's Car)
    2004 GMC Yukon XL Denali (Family Mobile and Tow Vehicle)

Borla/BB

Quote Originally Posted by Dirichlet View Post
    My exhuast just crapped out... I sound like a circa-1930's International tractor. Unfortunately, I need to drive about 1000 miles round-trip for the holiday - chicken wire, here I come.
    Thus, I am in the search for new exhaust. I'm looking for something with a little more growl than stock, but nothing too ricey (I don't want to sound like a kazoo, nor do I need a 5" wide exhaust). Price is not a limiting factor, but is a consideration. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers.
    I had a 330Ci on which I installed a BB.
    It was wonderful, but a bit too loud.
    On the e46 M3 I have a Borla and it's perfect.
    It gives you the extra growl without being intrusive.
    Barry
    Barry
    BMW CCA Instructor
    SCCA National racer
    =====================================
    2007 328xi Coupe in sparkling graphite
    2007 GT3
    ======================================
    1999 Civic Si: Races in SCCA showroom stock C
    PHOTO OF RACECAR:

http://www.motorsportsimaging.com/SC...01_04_0067.htm

Thx for the input guys. Now that I'm back from the Holiday I have to get it fixed. I'll let you know what I end up doing.
    ~C
    2000 323i
    1997 M3

it was a beautiful day... the sun beat down
    I had the radio on, I was drivin'...

Thread Information