Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Where do you get 15w-40?

Thread: Where do you get 15w-40?

Where do you get 15w-40?

So, the E36 manual recommends 5w30 for cold temperatures and 15w40 for hot. Has anyone found 15w40 in our area? I checked my AutoZone and wasn't surprised that they don't have it. Does Wally World carry the stuff?

-Drew
    Drew
    1997 Boston Green ///M3 Coupe

i like using castrol 5w50 found at autozone. resists burn-off well and keeps engine quiet as compared to mobil one.
    95 M3, 6-speed, 3.73
    Extensive weight reduction
    Website

Quote Originally Posted by dinomite View Post
    So, the E36 manual recommends 5w30 for cold temperatures and 15w40 for hot. Has anyone found 15w40 in our area? I checked my AutoZone and wasn't surprised that they don't have it. Does Wally World carry the stuff?

-Drew
    I use Rotella 15w40 (non-synthetic) for my e30 318is (m42). I've found it at Walmart and Pep Boys.

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaEric View Post
    I use Rotella 15w40 (non-synthetic) for my e30 318is (m42). I've found it at Walmart and Pep Boys.

---Eric
    Yes. The diesel oils are great options.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick325xiT 5spd View Post
    Yes. The diesel oils are great options.
    My mechanic recommended it a long time ago for the Alfa. I eventually put it in the BMW and found it ran better.

Besides, Rotella is designed to serve both diesel and gasoline engines.

---Eric

I'll second Odortiz on the Castrol 5w-50, I've had good luck with it. Reasonably available and reasonably priced and stays in the motor.

Careful changing to Rotella in high milage motors that have never used if before. Diesel oils are very high-detergency... Use it myself in the tugboat.
    Joel Bossard
    ---------------------------------------------
    1998 M3/4, Silver driver
    2002 4X4 Dodge 2500 Cummins HO 6-speed hauler
    2006 VW Jetta TDI commuter

Quote Originally Posted by slantsixm3 View Post
    Careful changing to Rotella in high milage motors that have never used if before. Diesel oils are very high-detergency... Use it myself in the tugboat.
    That's what I thought too but my cars seem to burn/leak less with it.

---Eric

Eric,
    Don't get me wrong, it's very good stuff, and keeps the insides real clean. If you put it in a nice clean motor, no worries. Put it in a sludgebucket and you can have a real mess in there as all the goo comes adrift.
    If you've had good luck, stay with it!
    Joel Bossard
    ---------------------------------------------
    1998 M3/4, Silver driver
    2002 4X4 Dodge 2500 Cummins HO 6-speed hauler
    2006 VW Jetta TDI commuter

Thread Information