Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Spec E30 Racing Incident

Thread: Spec E30 Racing Incident

Spec E30 Racing Incident

This short video is from a NASA race at Summit Point on July 7. The BMW 325i camera car is driven by Vic Hall and the red 325i is driven by Jon Allen. They were battling for first in a class of 19 Spec E30s. The two sports racing cars and the 944s are in different classes. The video startes on the next to last lap. Even though the Vic's car had the entire right front suspension torn off, the drivers agreed to call this a racing incident and no penalties were assessed. Watch the red car in the mirror after the Turn 1 pass.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...18833751&hl=en
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Whoa. not good.

looks like the red car inflicted a little payback for the totally lame move the camera car pulled in turn 6 the previous lap.

yikes. sports racers and production based race cars do not belong on track together...

Ya, no kidding. I was at a NASA event to do the HPDE years ago. The racers used the HPDE run groups for practice/test time. That's any run group, even beginner.
    I was in advanced, and got split (one on each side) by a pair of SpecFords going into Turn 1. No point from me, of course. Can't see 'em at all once they are within 20 feet of the back of your car. Twice as fast as me in the corners, but slower on the straights.
    Big fun, not!
    Joel Bossard
    ---------------------------------------------
    1998 M3/4, Silver driver
    2002 4X4 Dodge 2500 Cummins HO 6-speed hauler
    2006 VW Jetta TDI commuter

Thread Information