Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Purchasing Parts in the Area

Thread: Purchasing Parts in the Area

Purchasing Parts in the Area

My rear passenger window regulator decided to let the metal wiring get out of its spindle and tear itself up. Needless to say I need a new one. I live in Fredericksburg, VA but travel to the Rockville, MD area on occasion. Are there any good parts places in the area that I should look into purchasing this item from or is the best bet to look online? I just joined the BMW CCA tonight so I may wait until my membership stuff gets to me so I can use that discount. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick

You are correct about club membership entitling you to a discount at the dealerships. The discount, as well as the "list price" for the part will vary from place to place.
    Steven Schlossman did a comparison a year or so ago - perhaps that can be found with a "search."
    Another option is to check with Olympus (was Olympic) Import Auto Parts, with locations throughout NoVA.
    Be sure to put www.SteveHaygood.com in your bookmarks for parts as well. He's a former NCC member, now in GA - a pro mechanic and parts source. It's often easiest to reach him by phone.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Thanks for the tip. I contacted a couple of dealerships in the area but then I found a place actually in Fredericksburg that can get parts at a decent price.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by croosh View Post
    Thanks for the tip. I contacted a couple of dealerships in the area but then I found a place actually in Fredericksburg that can get parts at a decent price.
    Spill the beans Croosh! What's the name, location and number of the place with the "decent prices"? Inquiring minds want to know... We are all on a constant quest to find the elusive high quality part at a decent price.
    Brooklyn Taylor - Member # 354954
    Chief Marketing Officer at NCCBMWCCA
    Garage: M3, M5, M6, 635CSi/5 & 850I/6

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    You are correct about club membership entitling you to a discount at the dealerships. The discount, as well as the "list price" for the part will vary from place to place.
    Steven Schlossman did a comparison a year or so ago - perhaps that can be found with a "search."
    Another option is to check with Olympus (was Olympic) Import Auto Parts, with locations throughout NoVA.
    Be sure to put www.SteveHaygood.com in your bookmarks for parts as well. He's a former NCC member, now in GA - a pro mechanic and parts source. It's often easiest to reach him by phone.
    hi there guys im ronie, a bit desperate where to get cheap bmw m3 auto parts online. sorry for making introductions in here. can somebody point me a good website of bmw parts? the one given by john only redirects me to the home page of that said site. please help! thanks!
    Last edited by ronierogers; 05-04-2011 at 07:34 PM.

Believe it or not, things might have changed in the 4 years since you dredged up this thread! My computer screen has a box in the upper right corner that allows me to search for anything you can imagine online.

Did you want cheap parts, or good parts inexpensively?

You can check pricing at your local dealers and inquire about their BMW club discount.

You can shop the online parts depts of BMW dealers like:
    http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...2&catalog=4462
    or
    http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...?siteid=216042

You can get OEM parts from places like:
    http://www.autohausaz.com/
    or
    http://pelicanparts.com/

You can find the part number you require by using http://www.realoem.com/bmw/select.do
    Happy hunting!
    Last edited by John in VA; 05-03-2011 at 11:19 PM.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Tischer BMW's website for parts is getBMWparts.com. Prob the best prices in town and you can save S/H by picking it up
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Thread Information