Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
NCC July 21-22 Drivers' School
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: NCC July 21-22 Drivers' School

NCC July 21-22 Drivers' School

Shenandoah Circuit
    Pre-registration begins May 14.
    Mail in registration period May 29 - June 8
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    Mail in registration period May 29 - June 8
    The time is here and the track is right.

Greg

shenandoah is extremely fun. just did it last weekend.

just curious, how will NCC be doing the shenandoah track? using pit straight?
    -John
    1995 Hellrot M3........needs more mods

You're policy excludes Convertibles from track events. I've a Porsche 996 Cabriolet and participated at quite a few DE events from PCA, Car guys, VW R32 club, ... at events at Summit Point (Main track and Shenandoah). At Summit Point as a track, Convertibles without roll-bars (just pop-ups) are allowed.

Is your policy strict or depending on underlying track rules?

Banned
    NCC rules are strict. There aren't any exceptions made for either rollbars, roll cages or pop ups.

Dave Apker

No Targas either

-- Jason

Registration mailed yesterday. Fingers crossed for next few weeks.

ack, I forgot... so let me pre-register. Or is that no longer necessary? Can't find the link to pre-register.. haaallpppp

Quote Originally Posted by KJ View Post
    ack, I forgot... so let me pre-register. Or is that no longer necessary? Can't find the link to pre-register.. haaallpppp
    http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/newthread.php?do=hpde
    There are links in the driving school section and upper left block of the message board.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Thanks for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedbyDuncan View Post
    NCC rules are strict. There aren't any exceptions made for either rollbars, roll cages or pop ups.

Dave Apker
    hwk is part of the group of friends I go to the track with.. sucks he is excluded.

This is probably good for a different discussion thread but why is it so strict with the convertible exclusions?

Quote Originally Posted by KJ View Post
    Thanks for the link.

hwk is part of the group of friends I go to the track with.. sucks he is excluded.

This is probably good for a different discussion thread but why is it so strict with the convertible exclusions?
    This really is for a different thread, but. . .
    BMW CCA insurance rules require roll bars in all convertibles.
    NCC as well as some other chapters forbid them entirely.

Among other reasons, one is ensuring that they are installed properly.
    Fortunately our area offers those with convertibles other opportunities to track their car. And some don't care if you have a roll bar or not. Only that your check clears or your credit card is good.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

I have never done any sort of driving school but have always considered doing a FATT. Is this in any way similar to something like that? Also, it looks like you can register for the Saturday, Sunday, or both days. What is the difference in the days? Lastly, if I pre-register, that doesn't mean I'm committed to going right? I'm guessing once I mail in a registration and check then I'm committed, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    This really is for a different thread, but. . .
    BMW CCA insurance rules require roll bars in all convertibles.
    NCC as well as some other chapters forbid them entirely.

Among other reasons, one is ensuring that they are installed properly.
    Fortunately our area offers those with convertibles other opportunities to track their car. And some don't care if you have a roll bar or not. Only that your check clears or your credit card is good.
    In addition to most of our chapter volunteers not being qualified to inspect the structural soundness of roll bars, most of our instructors are concerned about the possibility of a roll bar digging in to the soft gravel traps at Summit Point.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by Hokie 335i View Post
    I have never done any sort of driving school but have always considered doing a FATT. Is this in any way similar to something like that? Also, it looks like you can register for the Saturday, Sunday, or both days. What is the difference in the days? Lastly, if I pre-register, that doesn't mean I'm committed to going right? I'm guessing once I mail in a registration and check then I'm committed, correct?
    Pre-registration is so your information doesn't need to be entered into the computer. What counts is that you mail in your applications early.

There is a priority given to those who attend both days. No other chapter that I drive with allow for one day registrations.

If you to do just one day I'd recommend Saturday over Sunday. On Sunday students are improving over Saturday.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Banned
    Unless the stats have changed. Dave Bryant where are you? Most incidents at a 2 day drivers school happen on Sunday. They usually come from the intermediate group and during the last runs of the day. Ego and fatigue are a major factor as to why they happen.

When I was DS coordinator once cars were on the track Saturday morning I relaxed a little bit until lunch on Sunday because I knew what could happen. I could walk the pit lane where the intermediate students were gridded and pick my 5 most likely candidates to have an incident and I my picks were usually right.

Summit Point can be unbearable during the middle of July. Remember if you are not peeing during the school you are not drinking enough. You should be visiting the wonderful facilities at the track on a regular basis. You will feel the effects if you aren't drinking enough by Sunday afternoon.

Dogs and sheep have enough common sense to drink on a regular and as needed basis.

Dave Apker

Thread Information